Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

All season tire - Michelin All Season 4 vs Continental DWS 06

Jim2000

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-Blackwing
How do these 2 tires compare to our stock Michelin Pilot 4S? Is the grip better in the rain? Are they quieter? Is the ride softer?

I went with the PS4S A/S on my OEM wheels for a dedicated winter set (sizes 255/275)

The short answer is yes they are more stable in the rain and you do get some more feedback before snapping loose in the cold/wet like the stock tires do below 45*F.

The ride is slightly quieter, and a tad softer compared to the stock tires. I barely noticed this in all honesty, it was a passenger who pointed out how quiet the cabin was at highway speeds.

I also took them out for a test run in a few inches of slushy gross NJ snow and was impressed that I made it back up my driveway (it's a big incline). Will purchase again for sure

I went with the PS4S A/S on my OEM wheels for a dedicated winter set (sizes 255/275)

The short answer is yes they are more stable in the rain and you do get some more feedback before snapping loose in the cold/wet like the stock tires do below 45*F.

The ride is slightly quieter, and a tad softer compared to the stock tires. I barely noticed this in all honesty, it was a passenger who pointed out how quiet the cabin was at highway speeds.

I also took them out for a test run in a few inches of slushy gross NJ snow and was impressed that I made it back up my driveway (it's a big incline). Will purchase again for sure
This is a good summary. I have PSAS4's on mine as well, but in 255/285 (275's weren't available at the time). They're marginally quieter and softer, but with a smidge less steering feel than the stock PS4's. Where the big difference is that they feel far less skittish when cold than the PS4's (even in warm weather). Overall I'm very satisfied and will leave them on year-round.

Also on PSAS4s. I only drove ~1500 on the stock summers but I'll say i didn't really notice any difference in general ride characteristics after I made the switch. Performance wise I have yet to drive in summer temps but regained a significant amount of traction and handling grip in the colder temps. I think you'll likely only compromise performance if driven beyond 9/10ths in what would be ideal conditions for the stock summers.

Def recommend the PSAS4s. I was mildly considering swapping back in the summer but quickly decided I wouldn't appreciate whatever delta there may be performance wise.

If anyone wants to buy my stock PS4s they're posted for sale on the forum 🙂

Good to hear the PSAS’s are well received, I ran Yokohama a/s’s on my SS and they were meh, safer in cold temps for sure but a bit soft and gooey feeling with any kind of turning.

With 9400mi on the stock summer tires, I had hoped to limp thru the winter and get another year out of them but may just swap to full time a/s’s and be done.

Are the psas4 run flat version that several are liking? I installed psas4 on my ZL1 right after got back from buying out of state and initially were fine but definitely lacked the grip of a ps4 or the F1 stockers even when warmed up but now after 9k miles seem to be real loud highway driving. Seems everything i have red is the R/F are a louder tire and with stiffer sidewall tend to ride a bit rougher.

Are the psas4 run flat version that several are liking? I installed psas4 on my ZL1 right after got back from buying out of state and initially were fine but definitely lacked the grip of a ps4 or the F1 stockers even when warmed up but now after 9k miles seem to be real loud highway driving. Seems everything i have red is the R/F are a louder tire and with stiffer sidewall tend to ride a bit rougher.

Mine are not the run flat version

I go with the non-runflat version. runflats ride like crap and fail faster than a traditional tire IMO

I went with the Falken Azenis A/S FK460; they are everything I could ask for in a cold-weather A/S replacement for the OEMs. All for less $ than the Mich or Conti's

I'm not a fan of run flats in general...though stock tires on the BW seem fine. I've run all season Michelin Pilot sports (non RF) for many years with great results...though they are not quite up to the performance of the summer Pilot Sports the car came with...only noticeable when driving 9/10s or better...

I went with the Falken Azenis A/S FK460; they are everything I could ask for in a cold-weather A/S replacement for the OEMs. All for less $ than the Mich or Conti's
I've become a Michelin man over the years.

While I've had good experience with Goodyear Eagle summers on my Audi, I've had less then satisfying experiences with other brands such as Pirelli all seasons (on our BMW). The Michelin summer and AS Pilots run smoother and handle better in general from my experience and are worth the extra $...just from the track record on our cars.

I'm trying to source PS Alpines for the BW for snow/winter (though am a big fan of Vredstein Wintrac Extremes)...just don't come in the sizes that work with stock wheels. I'm hoping (and expecting) I'll be satisfied with the Alpines...

how do you feel the pilot sport as4's look compared to the oem tire? are they any narrower or about the same? have any photos you could share? I am debating switching over as well, but also debating going up to 265/285s, I like a good meaty tire :)

how do you feel the pilot sport as4's look compared to the oem tire? are they any narrower or about the same? have any photos you could share? I am debating switching over as well, but also debating going up to 265/285s, I like a good meaty tire :)

Same exact size as OEM, 255 up front and 275 for the rears. They are nearly indistinguishable unless you can see the treads from behind imo.

I would also like a set of 265s up front and potentially even wider out back if possible for summer use. The R888R is available in 295/30r/18 — I wonder if we can clear these size rears with a spacer on a wider aftermarket wheel (just thinking out loud)

I'm not a fan of run flats in general...though stock tires on the BW seem fine. I've run all season Michelin Pilot sports (non RF) for many years with great results...though they are not quite up to the performance of the summer Pilot Sports the car came with...only noticeable when driving 9/10s or better...
I have the non run flat PS4s’ on my Viper. Amazing tires. They’re going on my BW after this coming summer.

Just had the DWS06+ put on today in the stock sizes. Michelins were a decent bit more expensive and in the reviews Ive seen, the tires are basically a draw. Initial impressions are limited but still positive, there is zero change in traction while accelerating, put down a 4.3s 0-60 @ 6500' elevation with outside temps around 50. Just a slight feel of "squish" during initial turn in while cornering in the dry, less immediate maybe, but still much more responsive than the Yoko a/s on my SS.

Anyway, I want to drive my car instead of look at it this winter and I can dodge most of the worst of what little snow I expect to see here in AZ, really just looking at more forgiving rubber in cold temps so these should fit the bill.

Just had the DWS06+ put on today in the stock sizes. Michelins were a decent bit more expensive and in the reviews Ive seen, the tires are basically a draw. Initial impressions are limited but still positive, there is zero change in traction while accelerating, put down a 4.3s 0-60 @ 6500' elevation with outside temps around 50. Just a slight feel of "squish" during initial turn in while cornering in the dry, less immediate maybe, but still much more responsive than the Yoko a/s on my SS.

Anyway, I want to drive my car instead of look at it this winter and I can dodge most of the worst of what little snow I expect to see here in AZ, really just looking at more forgiving rubber in cold temps so these should fit the bill.
Do you find that the DWS06 is quieter? Do you notice a difference in the ride? Is the ride softer or is there no difference?

Do you find that the DWS06 is quieter? Do you notice a difference in the ride? Is the ride softer or is there no difference?

Really only did a shakedown/scrub run on them after install but Ill have a 180mi trip on Tuesday that covers lots of different pavement surfaces so Ill have a better comparison then. I can say thats it definitely not louder at least and the only “softness” I noticed was the bite on sharp initial turn in.

I prefer the DWS06 on other vehicles. The price is reasonable and performance is pretty consistent. The last set I had started quiet but did get a little louder over it's lifetime. I'm not sure my butt dyno is sensitive enough to really tell the difference between these and the PS4AS in most street driving.

180mi drive, lots of different pavement and speeds. Noticeably quieter, no perceptible change in ride.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back