Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

AKG Improvents?

mkyledoyle

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 V Blackwing
I'm know that a similar topic exists somewhere here but not exactly the same. I'm a new owner of a CT4 V Blackwing. I came from an Audi with the Bang & Olufsen sound system. It sounded pretty good. Actually compared to the AKG it sounded terrific. Is anyone aware of any speaker replacements that would improve the overall fidelity of the AKG system? No matter how is set the bass, mid, and treble, I find the AKG system to be harsh. It's actually stressful to listen to as mid to upper volumes.

Perhaps I'm asking too much?

Thank you!

How long have you had it? I noticed improved performance after a several hours of break in, as others have a well

What @Lithoss said. At around 100 hours, I noticed it really seemed to open up. I was initially a bit disappointed, now I really enjoy it.

I have noticed a HUGE difference between music sources. SirusXM always sounds like crap. But Apple Lossless via a wired connection sounds great.

My last system was a mark Levinson in a Lexus LC500. I met with factory rep over how dissatisfied I was with sound. I find the AKG to be a couple steps up.......BUT I do agree with Lithoss. The last 4 car systems I've had definitely got better the more they got broken in. Wish I knew the explanation for why......

My last system was a mark Levinson in a Lexus LC500. I met with factory rep over how dissatisfied I was with sound. I find the AKG to be a couple steps up.......BUT I do agree with Lithoss. The last 4 car systems I've had definitely got better the more they got broken in. Wish I knew the explanation for why......
Speakers (well, quality ones at least) always need a break in.

The sub in the rear deck of the 4BW looks particularly weak. I wonder if there could be a direct replacement for it that would improve bass and still function with the stock system.

Crutchfield lists replacements for most of the speaker locations but they seem to not all be drop-in replacements. For example, most seem to require splicing into the factory wiring.

Two statements and one question:

I've test driven 3 CT4s...and was not pleased with the AKG...in particular it was the bass (seemed non-existent).

To the OP, there is a thread on this forum that talks about adding an aftermarket sub into the trunk of the CT4. It takes up room, but apparently, pretty easy...

In general, who has listening notes / comparison between the AKG of the CT5 & CT4?

Two statements and one question:

I've test driven 3 CT4s...and was not pleased with the AKG...in particular it was the bass (seemed non-existent).

To the OP, there is a thread on this forum that talks about adding an aftermarket sub into the trunk of the CT4. It takes up room, but apparently, pretty easy...

In general, who has listening notes / comparison between the AKG of the CT5 & CT4?
BlackWings get AKG. Other CT4s get Bose.

No matter how is set the bass, mid, and treble ...
Have you played with the Surround setting? Cranking that all the way up made it sound better to me.

Has anyone experimented with disable the active noise cancellation to see whether that improves things?

...to @Jameson's Viggen and others. Yes, I am looking for only notes about the AKG system. My apologies for the 'shorthand' and not doing 'BW' after all my car mentions.

@Berserker when I was in the CT4VBW, I remember setting bass / treble to flat...then dialing up the bass...but have no memory of what I selected for the surround and noise cancelling settings while I was listening.

...and thank you to all.

What source are you using for music, spotify?

I noticed when I used spotify through android auto it sounded pretty bad.

I also use Tidal on my home 2 channel system so when I tried Tidal on the AKG system, it was a significant improvement over spotify. I think I have everything flat, except midrange is at +1.

Thanks,
David

I honestly preferred the Bose on my CT5V vs the AKG in my 4BW. I also liked the silver speaker covers over the black plastic speaker covers as well aesthetically. Just sounded and looked better

Speakers (well, quality ones at least) always need a break in.
Thanks for sharing this - I'm anything but an audiophile so I never knew speakers had a breaking in period

FWIW;
I have been listing to my music via Spotify and wireless Android auto. I finally configured the Spotify app in the head unit and listen to Spotify this way. The sound had a marked difference and so much superior to Android auto. The base from Spotify rattles drivers side mirror and rear view mirror at 50% volume playing the same song, which for the life of me I cant figure out why because Spotify both from Android auto and the head unit still connects to my phone wirelessly to play.

Thanks for sharing this - I'm anything but an audiophile so I never knew speakers had a breaking in period

Yeah seriously I had no idea that was a thing.

It says to gradually increase volume from high quality sources and varying the music with frequent breaks.

Hell I've been blasting non stop KPop on a 1 hr commute each way.

I guess it's the equivalent of my wife having no idea car engines have a break in period.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back