Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

AKG Audio.......

Anyone know what size/location the subwoofers are in the 5BW? Single/dual 10’s mounted in the rear deck? Just assuming they’d use the same 265mm woofer from the Escalade…

Last edited:
Anyone know what size/location the subwoofers are in the 5BW? Single/dual 10’s mounted in the rear deck? Just assuming they’d use the same 265mm woofer from the Escalade…
There don't appear to be any. The rear deck speakers are 6x9 (the service manual says subwoofer in places, though). Also, the Cadillac website says 16 speaker AKG audio, but I only count 15. Two of each of these, except the front center speaker, just one.
Screenshot 2022-09-30 09.52.14.png

Last edited:
Do you have directions on how to remove the rear deck speakers?? I have something loose in mine and want to remove it to get whatever is inside out or replace it. Prefer to do it myself as opposed to dealers.

Do you have directions on how to remove the rear deck speakers?? I have something loose in mine and want to remove it to get whatever is inside out or replace it. Prefer to do it myself as opposed to dealers.
You need to remove the rear quarter panel trim, and the rear deck since the speakers come out from the top.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-30 11.30.49.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-30 11.30.49.png
    331.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot 2022-09-30 11.30.22.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-30 11.30.22.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2022-09-30 11.29.36.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-30 11.29.36.png
    277.1 KB · Views: 99
Thank you for sharing those diagrams. Will give it a try although it looks somewhat complex.

I find the audio system to be pretty average. The system in my Genesis G70 was definitely better.

I’m revising my opinion of the AKG system. I found after about 100 hours of break-in it sounds fantastic.

I do wish there was better fine control, but sound quality is really excellent. I guess like other good speakers, they need some time before they reach peak sound.

Having a TV in the same room as those speakers is a sin. There’s a music room and a TV room, and they should never be mixed together. At least put that thing in a cabinet, for god’s sake man, you’re killing me over here. Your feng shui is all messed up.

Last edited:
Having a TV in the same room as those speakers is a sin. There’s a music room and a TV room, and they should never be mixed together. At least put that thing in a cabinet, for god’s sake, man you’re killing me over here. Your feng shui is all messed up.
It is only a stereo setup. No surround. The screen is muted and I sometimes watch sporting events while listening to music. And this is neither a TV room or a music room. It is a gun room.

It is only a stereo setup. No surround. The screen is muted and I sometimes watch sporting events while listening to music. And this is neither a TV room or a music room. It is a gun room.
All I’m saying is that the music will sound much better when you’re not staring at a blank TV screen. TV’s are much like mirrors, their placement is very critical to overall happiness and satisfaction.

My gun room is my 1000 sqft workshop. But I have no more guns to work on after the boating accident.

All I’m saying is that the music will sound much better when you’re not staring at a blank TV screen. TV’s are much like mirrors, their placement is very critical to overall happiness and satisfaction.

My gun room is my 1000 sqft workshop. But I have no more guns to work on after the boating accident.
I certainly agree with you, and I'm well aware of room dynamics as they relate to audio reproduction. This particular room was not designed for that specific purpose. It is a multi purpose space that happens to have a decent audio system included.

I was told to allow 400 hours for these bad boys. I'm certainly over halfway there but am still well short of that number, and cannot imagine they get even better :_rockView attachment 19281
Magico A5‘s are REALLY awesome speakers!! A speaker never fully reaches the maximum potential unless you give them a lot of varied strong dynamic contrast material at high volumes. I’ve been a high end guy for nearly 40 years and broke in so many different pairs of speakers I probably couldn’t name them all. I currently have M3’s and plan to upgrade to their hopefully soon to be released replacement. Congrats!!!

I would rate the AKG in my 4VB as pretty decent overall, but as referenced here, most car audio systems always disappoint, never enough power. The only exception is Lexus Mark Levenson which based on my experience is the best car audio system in the industry, its amazing if you've ever heard a Mark Levenson system and cranked it in a Lexus.

Magico A5‘s are REALLY awesome speakers!! A speaker never fully reaches the maximum potential unless you give them a lot of varied strong dynamic contrast material at high volumes. I’ve been a high end guy for nearly 40 years and broke in so many different pairs of speakers I probably couldn’t name them all. I currently have M3’s and plan to upgrade to their hopefully soon to be released replacement. Congrats!!!
Magico M3... WOW! Amazing. Bravo Sir!!!

I bought the A5s early last year. I auditioned the S3 against them, and honestly preferred the A5. Magico has recently released the updated S3s and they are supposed to be fantastic. Perhaps one day I will add a 2nd pair. When I first auditioned Magicos in 2021, I knew I finally found the speaker brand that reproduces music the way my ears yearn for.

Dialing back in to the thread topic, the point for me is most any factory car system is OK for my needs. I built some amazing car audio systems in my youth, amazing, and none compare to the enjoyment of a proper high end home audio setup. The AKG system is fine. When I drive the car, I am much more interested in the engine sounds than any others.

I preferred the Fender system in my GTI over the AKG.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back