Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Aftermarket wheels

Dcrets

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4 Blackwing
Thought I'd plug Aerolarri wheels here. First, I have no connection other than I have ordered from him for my BW and I was already familiar from them being being one of the most popular wheels for the C8.

They are a true forged wheel made to order. Great prices. Many styles and finishes available. Here's one bw with Aerolarri wheels, not mine. My wheels will be here in a month.
1670781691396.jpeg

I am getting stock size. He said for the 4bw he could go up to 19's. For the 5bw he had to go 20's. The 5bw's apparently were the big limitation. All models could be made for blackwings.

Any idea of how they come up with widths/offsets? I had my car scanned at TireRack to confirm fitment; just wondering how they do it since nothing is listed on their website for CT4/5 Blackwings.

Perhaps a question better left to Aerolarri. He is very responsive to emails. I do know his focus has been on C8's and a few Ferraris so no mention of other vehicles.

cnofar

Any idea of how they come up with widths/offsets? I had my car scanned at TireRack to confirm fitment; just wondering how they do it since nothing is listed on their website for CT4/5 Blackwings.
It's really dependent on the measurements and clearances of the brakes/calipers and suspension itself.
I spent the better part of a week working with the guys at BC Forged determining the correct offset, wheel widths and concavity for my setup. I had to remove the wheel and physically measure out the specifics as listed on a form like this:
Brake clearance.png

Then based on that they gave me a template to test out to verify against, like this:
new rear3.jpg

Since Tire Rack doesn't make custom or one-off wheels, they can only suggest what will fit based on what companies make and provide specs for. Other companies like BC Forged, Aerolarri, HRE, etc can make it to your specific measurements and work with different concavity designs to find the best fit.

Attachments

• 1670893671836.png
    1670893671836.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
It's really dependent on the measurements and clearances of the brakes/calipers and suspension itself.
I spent the better part of a week working with the guys at BC Forged determining the correct offset, wheel widths and concavity for my setup. I had to remove the wheel and physically measure out the specifics as listed on a form like this:
View attachment 15133
Then based on that they gave me a template to test out to verify against, like this:
View attachment 15134
Since Tire Rack doesn't make custom or one-off wheels, they can only suggest what will fit based on what companies make and provide specs for. Other companies like BC Forged, Aerolarri, HRE, etc can make it to your specific measurements and work with different concavity designs to find the best fit.
whoa, they sent you wheel clearance templates? I want some to figure out whats the absolute widest I can go with on the 5BW. I wanna go 11j or 10.5j +15 up front and 12 or 12.5j +60 ish rears (just gotta double check distance to the shocks), with the most amount of lip.

If you wanted to measure out the clearances you can use that to fill out the measurements and any wheel custom wheel company could tell you how deep of an offset you can go. Your total wheel width though, will depend on how mush room you have to the suspension and how far of a poke you want. Someone else on here posted some pics after he used 15mm spacers all around on stock wheels and gave me an idea of how much room I had to work with as far as offsets for my personal preference. Then I worked off of that using Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit to figure out what that would be like going up a size and wider.
Here were my preferred sizes:
Front-
front wheel fitment.png

Rear-
rear wheel fitment.png

If you wanted to measure out the clearances you can use that to fill out the measurements and any wheel custom wheel company could tell you how deep of an offset you can go. Your total wheel width though, will depend on how mush room you have to the suspension and how far of a poke you want. Someone else on here posted some pics after he used 15mm spacers all around on stock wheels and gave me an idea of how much room I had to work with as far as offsets for my personal preference. Then I worked off of that using Alloy Wheel & Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit to figure out what that would be like going up a size and wider.
Here were my preferred sizes:
Front-
View attachment 15136
Rear-
View attachment 15137
That was probably me, I tossed 15mm spacers all around on my old 4BW on the stock wheels. Then I ended up picking up a set of used set of BC Forged off a ATS-V sedan (19x10 +28 and 19x11 +52). Kept the 15mm up front but the rears were perfect.
B2437147-2CB5-4555-88B4-338B92BAC6CD.jpeg
B7661CEF-9D6B-42FC-B5AF-E3DC8066E2FD.jpeg

Like to bring this back up to the top. The info on their web site says:
Monoblock Collection
-- True Forged. Truly and entirely "Forged" and CNC cut. No marketing words before or after "Forged" indicating a cheaper, foreign-made cast wheel with a rolled barrel are required. They are all simply Forged.
-- Limited Edition. Your No. of 299 engraved
-- $2,388 for 4 wheels (full set) + Shipping. For all Monoblock styles and sizes under 22". Factory-Direct prices... Instead of $6k - $12k per set. "Game-changing and absurd value."
-- All colors in the observable universe are available as custom orders.
Picture

If anyone here buys a set would love to hear a review. The price is awesome. and the C8 guys seem to love the wheels.

Yep, I almost ordered a set for my C8 before I decided to go with a Blackwing. Lots of very happy C8 owners. Here's the exact style and finish I ordered for my 4BW. Probably a month away.
1671128496236.png

I reached out to APEX wheels to see if they could make a set for the 4BW. I am not in love with the stock wheels and want a slightly more aggressive fitment and slightly wider rear tire. Their wheels are strong, light and good value - well known in the BMW community and branching out to other brands as well.

I reached out to APEX wheels to see if they could make a set for the 4BW. I am not in love with the stock wheels and want a slightly more aggressive fitment and slightly wider rear tire. Their wheels are strong, light and good value - well known in the BMW community and branching out to other brands as well.
There are several members here running Apex wheels. Check out this post and some of the following ones on later pages of the thread...all you need to know:

What size and offset did you get? Looks amazing
I went with stock size. 18x9 and 18x9.5. Aerolarri does not make public their offsets, you can go with stock offset or close to flush. Here's how Chet responded when I asked him about my wheels and offsets in general ....

“You got slightly more flush than stock offsets. Exactly the same offsets as stock is also available. With the CT4 BW, GM actually did a decent job of getting the offsets close to flush. Therefore, while our offsets are better it’s only by a small tasteful amount. The exact offset numbers are confidential which is the case with all our wheels. For example we’ve made the world’s widest Tesla Plaid 21 inch wheels and also broken our own world records multiple times for the widest C8 corvette.

Cheers,
Chet Baigh
AEROLARRI

I will say Chet is very responsive to emails. Good man to work with. He sent me video of my wheels being machined and those pics of my finished wheels ready to ship. Feel free to contact him.

I went with stock size. 18x9 and 18x9.5. Aerolarri does not make public their offsets, you can go with stock offset or close to flush. Here's how Chet responded when I asked him about my wheels and offsets in general ....

“You got slightly more flush than stock offsets. Exactly the same offsets as stock is also available. With the CT4 BW, GM actually did a decent job of getting the offsets close to flush. Therefore, while our offsets are better it’s only by a small tasteful amount. The exact offset numbers are confidential which is the case with all our wheels. For example we’ve made the world’s widest Tesla Plaid 21 inch wheels and also broken our own world records multiple times for the widest C8 corvette.

Cheers,
Chet Baigh
AEROLARRI

I will say Chet is very responsive to emails. Feel free to contact him.

I'm not sure I like the idea of not knowing the specs of the wheels costing over $2000. Why the secrecy? If anything, that lack of transparency would prevent me from doing business with said company.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back