Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V AC Condensation Drain - what side does your 5BW drain?

CT5-V Model

BrakeFade

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Blackwing on Order
So I’ve noticed my 6mt 5BW AC condensation is dripping water on the driver side from behind the trans tunnel heat shield. Nothing on the outside, it’s behind it somehow. Bothers me because that just doesn’t seem right. Should not be running behind the heat shield I would think. Can Anyone else confirm the same thing?

Last edited:
So I’ve got a pic where mine is draining. Anyone with a 6spd able to take a quick pic for comparison? The drip originates behind the heat shields. Got under there and couldn’t see a drain tube anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_8906.jpeg
    IMG_8906.jpeg
    638.3 KB · Views: 48
My car was doing the same thing, and I had the same reaction. My car had a trans swap so I wasn't sure if the drain tube got moved / damaged in the replacement, but it appeared that it came from the factory that way. I don't have a definite answer for you, but I suspect it is normal.

I would have posted the same pic / question as you as I had the same concern, but I sold the car

1691720612812.png

This is a thread hijack, but the other thing I found odd is that it looks like the car has plastic (vibration damping?) motor mounts?

1691720706099.png

Did the dealer verify the drain tube was there after the trans swap?

I looked under my buddy’s BW and his drains just inside the exhaust pipe between the exhaust and trans. Drip is consistent from that spot. However, his does drip on the heat shield too but I’m not sure if it’s running it’s way down from the main drain. His is an auto trans too, so there is a little difference I guess. Shouldn’t be that different though, I would think the drain tube configuration would be the same. Mine has no drip, it works its way out from behind the heat shield. Doesn’t seem right to me.

The car had way more imprtant issues than the AC drain after the trans swap, so figuring this out was low on my priority list - I definitely would have gotten around to it, but sold the car. Sorry I don't have any more info - just the couple of pics I took and the mental note that it seemed really odd GM would drain the AC behind the heat shield.

I understand completely. What other issues were you dealing with? Did all of them get fixed?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back