Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A10 crew

I ran my 4 in manual mode up in the mountains when I had it.

I run my 5 in manual mode thru the hood sometimes hoping to piss off some old folks, but honestly, the sound is intoxicating.

I run my 5 in manual mode thru the hood sometimes hoping to piss off some old folks
Speaking of this, I heard the car start up when I was at the detailer as they were pulling it around back. It's much louder than it seems when you're sitting inside it. I was actually pretty surprised. My neighborhood is full of crotchety old people, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to annoying them with this car.

My coummute to/from work includes a 25 mile, 2 lane mountain canyon road, cresting 4k' ele down to 1200. Yes, I run it in manual every day, not to ring its neck, but just overall better control of cars speed, and yes I try to time the up shift as I'm passing "sport" cars.

I feel like the auto shifts could be more aggressive. When putting around town, it does fart in between shifts, but it's not a crisp satisfying shift. Even at high rpm shifts, there's a bit of sogginess that you feel with the harder shifts. Just my observations.

I feel like the auto shifts could be more aggressive. When putting around town, it does fart in between shifts, but it's not a crisp satisfying shift. Even at high rpm shifts, there's a bit of sogginess that you feel with the harder shifts. Just my observations.
It gets more aggressive/faster/not-sure-how-to-describe if it detects certain types of driving, which will invoke performance shifting mode.

It gets more aggressive/faster/not-sure-how-to-describe if it detects certain types of driving, which will invoke performance shifting mode.

Would be a nice touch to toggle that feature for 30sec when the V mode button is pressed like the Porsche sport response button. The 911s simply haul ass during that brief period of time.

Use them all the time to control the sound of the exhaust, just wish it had 7 or 8 gears instead of 10.

My 5BW A10 shifts fairly crisp & fast when regular cruising and if I get aggressive, it get aggressive right back with extremely fast shifts. The 5BW A10 at Spring Mountain did exactly the same.
My 2017 ZL1 A10 acted the same.

I’m very happy on how my car drives and responds. Maybe it’s programmed differently on a 4BW 🤷🏻‍♂️

My 5BW A10 shifts fairly crisp & fast when regular cruising and if I get aggressive, it get aggressive right back with extremely fast shifts. The 5BW A10 at Spring Mountain did exactly the same.
My 2017 ZL1 A10 acted the same.

I’m very happy on how my car drives and responds. Maybe it’s programmed differently on a 4BW 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yes, they are fast and seems extremely fast when pushed. Once in a while after ripping up and down the gears in A10 I had a goofy delayed 3-2. It's happened prior and not sure what conditions make it happen but I am sure now it's normal. Now, if it shifted like my 8L90 then that would piss me off to high heaven! The shifting in 8L90 is the most manic transmission I have ever owned up/down and dependent on day of week and weather. I am not joking about the weather either with the GM 8L90. The most ironic thing with the A8 is it's super freaking durable and can handle serious power with zero upgrades and zero grenading.

I drove my 22 GMC AT4 this morning to run some errands (thanks to my wife for last minute groceries to get between 3 stores 🥵) and remembered it has a A10 tranny as well coupled with a 6.2L. It shifted quick and solid regardless of throttle input.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back