Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

A small nit-picky complaint

Leadfoot

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
Does anyone else feel that the blinker lever feels sort of flimsy? Maybe I am just Brutish in the way I operate controls, but I feel like when I signal to change lanes, or turn I can feel the stalk flexing in a way I have never noticed in another car. it also feels like there is not a definitive engagement point and click when it turns on and off and the switch is action kind of mushy Not sure if it is just the way it is, or their is something wrong with mine. Guess I need that aftermarket blinker mod😜

Does anyone else feel that the blinker lever feels sort of flimsy? Maybe I am just Brutish in the way I operate controls, but I feel like when I signal to change lanes, or turn I can feel the stalk flexing in a way I have never noticed in another car. it also feels like there is not a definitive engagement point and click when it turns on and off and the switch is action kind of mushy Not sure if it is just the way it is, or their is something wrong with mine. Guess I need that aftermarket blinker mod😜

It's flimsy, mushy in operation, and slightly misplaced (a tad far back and rotated too high). Just a crummy stock GM part, another example of GM not sweating the details. Perhaps that sounds harsh, but when I think about other cars I would describe it as: As bad as the worst turn signal lever I've had in any car I've ever driven extensively (Fords, Hondas, a BMW, Acurae, a Subaru, Toyotas, a Mazda, probably more I don't remember).

Still, not a huge deal, something to get used to. I don't even notice it anymore (until this thread reminded me!), I drove about 150 miles round trip in the 5BW to visit one of my daughters, didn't even think about it. You'll adapt. Not a deal breaker in any way, it's a tiny, tiny fraction of the experience.

But in all seriousness it's not a really solid piece, but we're stuck with it given pricing of the non-BW base models and GM being GM.

I don't think "pricing" is a good excuse. I would wonder why they couldn't get it right on the base versions, too. Other manufacturers do, and have for decades.

I didn’t realize a firm signaling stalk with positive engagement was a “premium feature”😂

i have been taking that for granted all these years. At the end of the day it doesn’t take away from your driving enjoyment, but I noticed the first time I signaled.

I spent 2 months in a brand new M4. The interior was so outstanding, I could have lived with it forever and never wished for more. But the drive experience was so bland compared to a Blackwing, and especially a 6MT. Ironic the car had great column stocks yet most BMW drivers will never know the difference.

I didn't notice the flimsyness over the "click" not aligning to the flash of the bulb.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back