Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 5BW OE wheel weights

CT5-V Model

FISH22

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT5V BW Manual
Finally got around to weighing the factory dark graphite wheels after installing Apex wheels. I know I’ve seen these numbers at random places around the site, so this is what I got on a decent scale:

19x10: 28.8 lbs
19x11: 28.5

Odd that the fronts are heavier. Weight savings with the Apex wheels is pretty big; -9.1 lbs front and -8.2 lbs rear.
IMG_2718.jpeg

We need more pics of those wheels on your car! And thank you for weighing the OE wheels!

We need more pics of those wheels on your car! And thank you for weighing the OE wheels!
You’re welcome! And absolutely, I’ll add some more pics to this thread.

Darn it! I've been trying to convince myself that I did not need black wheels on my black Blackwing but you are screwing that up for me! Looks great!

Haha appreciate it! IMO, the BW (and the V2, V3) wears black on black so well. I was skeptical before I installed them, but I’m a believer now. The car has even more presence.. in a menacing, yet sophisticated way.

I agree with you 100%. I will probably eventually go with lightweight black wheels. Darn you.

Did you notice the difference in unsprung weight?
Most definitely. Primarily in how the car feels over imperfections. Not good or bad, just different.
Wheels look sharp. Are they the same size and using the original tires?
Thanks! Yes, same widths and diameters, just swapped factory tires over to these.
What spacer set up are you running?
No spacers. 19x10 +20, 19x11 +44.

Most definitely. Primarily in how the car feels over imperfections. Not good or bad, just different.

Thanks! Yes, same widths and diameters, just swapped factory tires over to these.

No spacers. 19x10 +20, 19x11 +44.
I suspect when reducing that much unsprung weight, there's a need for more high speed rebound damping.

What you may be feeling is the wheel going down the backside of bumps faster (because the springs push the wheel back down as usual, but now there's a lighter mass to accelerate downwards), leading to what feels like a small impact/harshness of the wheels to the road.

I doubt it's a big deal, but these little adjustments are what GM does when tuning steel vs carbon brakes, I presume.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back