Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

22 / 23 CT5-V Blackwing differences

668LT4

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
I caught a few things looking at stickers. 22s say 15 speakers, 23 say 16 speakers. 22s have 46% North American parts content, 23s say 39% (and add a callout for China parts). Manual transmissions now say origin country is Mexico for 23s, and USA for 22. That must be a labeling thing, as I think all Tremecs are made in Mexico.

The 4BWs have the exact same percentages as the 5BW for '22 vs '23. Also the same country of origin difference for the manual. Our engine country of origin changed as well.

CT4-V Blackwing'22'23
U.S./Canadian Part Content46%39%
Foreign Part Content: Mexico21%20%
Foreign Part Content: Chinanot specified16%
Country Of Origin: EngineAustriaUnited States
Country Of Origin: Trans, ManualUnited StatesMexico
Country Of Origin: Trans, AutoUnited StatesUnited States
Number Of Speakers1415

EDIT:
Modified to show the difference for Country Of Original for the transmission.

The Parts Content Source percentages are the same for autos and manuals (within the same year). No, it doesn't make sense to me either.

Last edited:

Austria.png

I found something on another forum about this. Back in 2015, some ATS-V guys actually e-mailed GM to get clarification. This was the GM response:

It's a bit complex, but here's the info:
What Tom told you on the assembly locations for the engine and trans is completely correct (Mexico.) But the regulation is about "country of origin" and that's not quite the same thing as where the assembly takes place. As you know engines and transmissions have hundreds of components inside. These come from many places - mostly the US. In a case like this (parts content coming from multiple locations) regulation states that country of origin is derived from the most valuable content (not just the majority of its mass or prevalence.) And that's why the transmission is shown on the label as originating from the US. For the engine, many of the alloys and raw materials (i.e. valuable/precious metals) inside originate in Austria - for instance the titanium connecting rods.

Hope that makes sense...All of the design and development and many of the materials are American in origin...but the regulation states that we trace the country of origin for the most valuable components.

Last edited:
View attachment 13378

I found something on another forum about this. Back in 2015, some ATS-V guys actually e-mailed GM to get clarification. This was the GM response:

It's a bit complex, but here's the info:
What Tom told you on the assembly locations for the engine and trans is completely correct (Mexico.) But the regulation is about "country of origin" and that's not quite the same thing as where the assembly takes place. As you know engines and transmissions have hundreds of components inside. These come from many places - mostly the US. In a case like this (parts content coming from multiple locations) regulation states that country of origin is derived from the most valuable content (not just the majority of its mass or prevalence.) And that's why the transmission is shown on the label as originating from the US. For the engine, many of the alloys and raw materials (i.e. valuable/precious metals) inside originate in Austria - for instance the titanium connecting rods.

Hope that makes sense...All of the design and development and many of the materials are American in origin...but the regulation states that we trace the country of origin for the most valuable components.
wait so now I'm curious... do automatic CT4's call out COO as US since they don't have titanium connecting rods (reading how they explicitly call that out as an Austrian component above)? or did everything for '23 just shift to USA?

wait so now I'm curious... do automatic CT4's call out COO as US since they don't have titanium connecting rods

I looked at a '22 a '23, both autos. Their engine info was the same as I had above for the manual.

But the transmission was different than the manual. It showed United States for both years. I modified my grid to show both auto and manual.

Did they add an extra speaker for some pumped-in fake engine noise? lol

It's NOT fake engine noise like a BMW wave file, it's THE engine sounds picked up via microphones and played back into the cabin. With all the HVN deadening in these cars you would hear much of the engine at all without it. Not unless you want a whole in the firewall.

Based on the fact that the numbers went from even to odd, I'm thinking the following conversation happened somewhere deep in the bowels of GM HQ:

Marketing Guy 1: "So, what is a 'subwoofer' anyway?"

Marketing Guy 2: "It's a speaker dedicated to low frequencies. Bass. You know, the whole 'Cars That Go Boom' thing."

Marketing Guy 1: "Wait ... it's a speaker? An actual speaker?"

Marketing Guy 2: "Yeah. Hey, why do you look sick all of a sudden?"

It's NOT fake engine noise like a BMW wave file, it's THE engine sounds picked up via microphones and played back into the cabin. With all the HVN deadening in these cars you would hear much of the engine at all without it. Not unless you want a whole in the firewall.
For the CT5V BW, there is no engine sound from the speakers. There is no microphone. I have scoured the electrical system schematics and I see nothing that would indicate this. The RPO code on CT5s that do have engine sound enhancement is NKD. The CT5 does have ANC, and there are 3 microphones in the headliner for that.

I caught a few things looking at stickers. 22s say 15 speakers, 23 say 16 speakers. 22s have 46% North American parts content, 23s say 39% (and add a callout for China parts). Manual transmissions now say origin country is Mexico for 23s, and USA for 22. That must be a labeling thing, as I think all Tremecs are made in Mexico.
I don't think the 23s really have 16 speakers, but who knows. The service manual for the 23 actually leaves out a pair of speakers, but otherwise the speaker list is the same. All speakers are pairs except for the first line.

Screenshot 2022-10-17 15.50.44.png

Screenshot 2022-10-17 15.49.36.png

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop