Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2025 Cadillac CT5 Sedan Adds Sleek 33-Inch Screen, New Headlights

CT5-V Model
I've never been a fan on the window extension look in the C pillar. I'd prefer they changed it to a simple triangular look, like this tweak I made:

mod.jpg

Modified

current.jpg

Existing

Anyone feel the same?

I've never been a fan on the window extension look in the C pillar. I'd prefer they changed it to a simple triangular look, like this tweak I made:

View attachment 21758

Modified

View attachment 21759

Existing

Anyone feel the same?
I prefer the existing to your mockup. Goes better with "V" design language IMO. If I could mock it up, I would like to see the entire area be solid and painted (from the door joint straight up to the roof, I would be curious to see all area to the rear as body metal).

I like the wheels. Way better then the stock Chrome or black ones on the 22-23's .

So no rotary knob for the volume hiding behind the steering wheel?

Besides the steering wheel, how bad is it to change the volume on the screen?

So when we were shopping for the wife's new X5 it was between a used 2023 and a new 2024. The slightly updated 2024 also has their new widescreen infotainment system, and the wife was understandably concerned about the loss of all of the buttons. Our salesman said "you can just use voice commands". We ended up ordering a 2024.

When you're driving, you don't really notice how hideous the screen is, as you do when looking at it from outside.

But it's stupid, stupid, stupid to remove all of the buttons for things like HVAC. If you want to adjust the temperature or fan speed, you have to go into the menu and then select the correct option on the screen. All of that requires you to take your eyes off of the road. Buttons can be done "by feel" or just a quick glance.

And half of the voice commands don't work. Or, if you're my wife, you forget what to say. :hb

As much as I like the configurable options on my current instrument panel, if I could just get analog gauges (like we had on the old Porsches for example) then I'd be a happy boy.

But it's stupid, stupid, stupid to remove all of the buttons for things like HVAC. If you want to adjust the temperature or fan speed, you have to go into the menu and then select the correct option on the screen. All of that requires you to take your eyes off of the road. Buttons can be done "by feel" or just a quick glance.

^^^^^^THIS!!! I don't understand why manufacturers do this. Stupid, stupid, stupid

Apparently they think their building appliances and not cars.

IMG_5612.jpeg

Last edited:
And half of the voice commands don't work. Or, if you're my wife, you forget what to say.
Even if they did work, I can't imagine a world where it's easier to press the voice command button (or say hey BMW or whatever the trigger phrase is) wait for it to respond, say the command, wait for it to understand, and then execute the command than it is to take half a second and just press a button.

Even if they did work, I can't imagine a world where it's easier to press the voice command button (or say hey BMW or whatever the trigger phrase is) wait for it to respond, say the command, wait for it to understand, and then execute the command than it is to take half a second and just press a button.
But you don't have to stretch your hands! The luxury!

^^^^^^THIS!!! I don't understand why manufacturers do this. Stupid, stupid, stupid
I have about given up on vehicles kinda wished the BW had analog gauges like my XT6 and the LED screen in between. As the the 35" screen of death? Yeah, OK in the AZ sun it will be absolutely useless and when the icons from infotainment get transposed onto the drivers screen cluster? Yeah, you all laugh but it's happening as we speak.

Look, I am done with the stupid ass technology crap! I still haven't programmed the radio? I get in windows drop and love driving this BAD BOY! When it's time for AC? I push the goddamn button while driving hit my vaporizer and exhale!

I have about given up on vehicles kinda wished the BW had analog gauges like my XT6 and the LED screen in between. As the the 35" screen of death? Yeah, OK in the AZ sun it will be absolutely useless and when the icons from infotainment get transposed onto the drivers screen cluster? Yeah, you all laugh but it's happening as we speak.

Look, I am done with the stupid ass technology crap! I still haven't programmed the radio? I get in windows drop and love driving this BAD BOY! When it's time for AC? I push the goddamn button while driving hit my vaporizer and exhale!
I had an AMG for 3 years with the wide screen dash and live in Southern Arizona. Never had any issue. Drove many times across the desert to CA. I don’t think that will be an issue unless GM screw’s it up. But, for the 5BW I think I prefer the layout of my 2022. Other cars like a Mercedes S580 I would be OK with the widescreen dash.

Last edited:
I had an AMG for 3 years with the wide screen dash and live in Southern Arizona. Never had any issue. Drove many times across the desert to CA. I don’t think that will be an issue unless GM screw’s it up. But, for the 5BW I think I prefer the layout of my 2022. Other cars like a Mercedes S580 I would be OK with the widescreen dash.
Really? GM has screwed up their dashes many times from glare and after driving the Lyriq this will end up being the same useless screen in AZ sun!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back