Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2024 price increase(Both CT4 and CT5)

The MSRP keeps rising meanwhile the discounts are rising faster.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 7.59.30 PM.png

Not as bad as I thought it would, but that's still $1000 and $2500 that you get nothing for.

Not on the 5 though
Absolutely agree. The 3 examples above all have one thing in common.

I'm rather thrilled to have a 2022 BW5. MSRP is now up 10k or so. And the semi-aniline seats, can't remember how much more they are now but they are my favorite feature aside from the LT4/Tremec combo.

And the semi-aniline seats, can't remember how much more they are now but they are my favorite feature aside from the LT4/Tremec combo.
They were $6090 2 years ago and now they're $8090. They now charge more than Porsche does for their carbon buckets which are $5900.

Those cars are bad values to start off with. At those prices you’re honestly better off with a m3. Also I can bet these are autos.
Yep, those listings are autos but I do see a one local dealer advertising $5k off ($4k if you add back in the dealer fee) on a manual which surprised me since there are not many available.

They were $6090 2 years ago and now they're $8090. They now charge more than Porsche does for their carbon buckets which are $5900.
Thank you. They really are fabulous and the leather is great, IMO. $8090 is steep. Maybe the carbon back delete option will enable people to get the great leather and save some $ compared to the full cost.

Porsche's are actual Carbon buckets, Cadillac's are just the mid tier seat with carbon backs and are not a true carbon bucket seat like the Porsche. They also come with heated, ventilated, massaging and power adjustments and Porsche doesn't. Features cost money.

BMW's carbon bucket seat would be a good comparison to Porsche's. Cadillac just has a carbon trimmed luxury seat so you pay the price for the comfort and the carbon.

Those Porsche carbon buckets are not vented nor heated so let's get real about what you really plan to do with this car.

Personally, if I was to solely track the car neither the carbon buckets from any manufacturer would compare to a custom molded seat to fit your exact body type.
20230428_162244.jpg

As far as the price increases go from last year, I think most of us were shocked by the increase since they didn't change anything other than colors. I don't think it will be as high and increase but I suspect it will be more than $2k on a 5BW.

Porsche's are actual Carbon buckets, Cadillac's are just the mid tier seat with carbon backs and are not a true carbon bucket seat like the Porsche. They also come with heated, ventilated, massaging and power adjustments and Porsche doesn't. Features cost money.
That argument is moot though since I believe even the base 5BW seats have heat/vent/massage/power. The $8,090 is on top of that base seat.

BMW's carbon bucket seat would be a good comparison to Porsche's. Cadillac just has a carbon trimmed luxury seat so you pay the price for the comfort and the carbon.

I understand they're not full carbon seats, they're not even buckets like the BMW and Porsche. My main point was that Porsche charges $5900 for a full upgraded carbon bucket package. BMW charges you $4500 to upgrade to carbon buckets. GM is charging $5200 to upgrade the leather and seat back on an existing seat. I use Porsche as a reference because they over charge out the ass for anything they can and GM is charging almost what they want for full carbon buckets just to change materials out on a seat.

Last edited:
GM needs to skew more production to the manual and stop raising prices on the 4. Otherwise we will see fire sales like we saw on the z28 and Chevy SS.

No one can make a great car and then make it not sell like GM can.
Yep, and the Camaro, which is now sunsetting in January.

In fact, I wonder if BW sales will pick up a bit when folks can't get their hands on a new Camaro next year. I assume most will probably flock to the new Mustang or possibly a C8 Stingray but the 4BW is pretty close to the 2SS 1LE price point if you keep the options down. I think the V6 will keep most of those buyers looking elsewhere though.

I understand they're not full carbon seats, they're not even buckets like the BMW and Porsche. My main point was that Porsche charges $5900 for a full upgraded carbon bucket package. BMW charges you $4500 to upgrade to carbon buckets. GM is charging $5200 to upgrade the leather and seat back on an existing seat. I use Porsche as a reference because they over charge out the ass for anything they can and GM is charging almost what they want for full carbon buckets just to change materials out on a seat.
Try changing the leather on those “cheap” Porsche buckets. PAG will ding you 9,000 bucks, please don’t ask me how I know. 🤦‍♂️

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back