Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing Order Guide

"if it's gonna sit in the sun all day for 6 months least we can do is wrap it up in the cheapest soft fabric we can buy.. beats actually spending more money on transport even though we charge more DFC"
I wrapped something up years ago and it didn't do me a darn bit of good! lol...............

I found a site that shows thumbnails of the '23 Cadillac colors and Midnight Steel appears way darker than the images from the brochure earlier in this thread. Hopefully the color shows up in the wild soon. The brochure makes it look like a 60's Corvette color like "Marina Blue" which is a great color, but not my jam for a 5BW. Deep blue is more interesting if that is what it is.

Interesting info on that site.

I always assumed that because electric blue is the same as corvette/Camaro rapid blue that Wave Metallic is the same as Elkhart lake blue on the corvette, but wave is actually a much darker color.

Wave metallic is same as riverside blue on Chevys. Had that color on my '19 Camaro SS 1LE.

I found a site that shows thumbnails of the '23 Cadillac colors and Midnight Steel appears way darker than the images from the brochure earlier in this thread. Hopefully the color shows up in the wild soon. The brochure makes it look like a 60's Corvette color like "Marina Blue" which is a great color, but not my jam for a 5BW. Deep blue is more interesting if that is what it is.

That’s odd. I was hoping it was more Like this

Attachments

• 87F5F2C7-E7D9-4124-B1FD-3695B71DD6E5.png
    87F5F2C7-E7D9-4124-B1FD-3695B71DD6E5.png
    10.3 MB · Views: 176
  • 03D8B29C-AAF6-4668-B247-97D479E63E4C.jpeg
    03D8B29C-AAF6-4668-B247-97D479E63E4C.jpeg
    524 KB · Views: 174
I see the CT5-V Blackwing 2023 configurator is now up on Cadillac.com. To me, Midnight Steel Metallic is a little blueish than last year's Shadow Metallic. Of course, you really can't tell until you see it in person.

My dealer told me Midnight Steel is on constraint, so it may be a long time to actually see one with an actual photo instead of the the one on the configurator website.

I see the CT5-V Blackwing 2023 configurator is now up on Cadillac.com. To me, Midnight Steel Metallic is a little blueish than last year's Shadow Metallic. Of course, you really can't tell until you see it in person.

My dealer told me Midnight Steel is on constraint, so it may be a long time to actually see one with an actual photo instead of the the one on the configurator website.
Sewell called me in early August saying my allocation was up, but Midnight Steel was on constraint (they were only building I think 8 that month in that color). I said I'd stick with it, no rush. A month later they called me with another shot, and that Midnight Steel is still on constraint, building I think it was 15, but I might have a shot. Turns out I got it, and I'm now at 3000 with a TPW of 10/17.

Of course, the day I went to 3000 the renderings finally showed up on the 2023 configurator and I can't say I like the Midnight Steel that I waited for - too light and soft. But it's coming now, so hopefully it grows on me in real pictures. Frustrating because if Cadillac had the builder up earlier, I probably wouldn't just gone back to Rift and avoided the risk of not liking the color.

Obviously haven't seen a car with the color but think the paint sample for midnight steel looks nice. I believe it will look very different from the paint swatch photographed here, more like the configuration but with a pronounced metallic flake. I looked at the paint samples at the dealer in person both indoors and outside in natural sun. Indoors the color looked very blue, I believe impacted by artificial lighting, so I don't think that is a good read of the color. I took the swatches outside and there midnight steel was much more gray in appearance with a mild blue undertone. In my opinion this color had the largest shift in appearance from artificial to natural sunlight.

Obviously haven't seen a car with the color but think the paint sample for midnight steel looks nice. I believe it will look very different from the paint swatch photographed here, more like the configuration but with a pronounced metallic flake. I looked at the paint samples at the dealer in person both indoors and outside in natural sun. Indoors the color looked very blue, I believe impacted by artificial lighting, so I don't think that is a good read of the color. I took the swatches outside and there midnight steel was much more gray in appearance with a mild blue undertone. In my opinion this color had the largest shift in appearance from artificial to natural sunlight.
If it looks much darker outdoors, that's what I like to hear - thanks for your impressions.

I had a 2001 M5 in Silverstone (that car's launch color), which would range from silver with a blue tinge to a pretty bright almost baby blue. I loved that color and got tons of compliments on it. I was hoping Midnight Steel would be closer to Shadow Metallic, darker and more menacing, so if it ends up being a nice combination of both of those then I'm good!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back