Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing and CT5-V Blackwing Order Guide

Called my #1 and #2 dealers yesterday after hearing about allocations going out. One only had an allocation for an automatic and the other wasn’t clear on whether or not they were getting some but did say there was a “line of people” and where I sit in that “line” I have no idea. Sill waiting to hear back about it. The only two in the area not adding mark ups. Sadniss :(

Called my #1 and #2 dealers yesterday after hearing about allocations going out. One only had an allocation for an automatic and the other wasn’t clear on whether or not they were getting some but did say there was a “line of people” and where I sit in that “line” I have no idea. Sill waiting to hear back about it. The only two in the area not adding mark ups. Sadniss :(
AFAIK there is no such thing as an allocation for an automatic. Unless the manual is on constraint or something.

"If ya'll knew his stats it would blow your mind! Lets just say he is number 1 in the nation..... He is a Cadillac rock star and has introduced me to big time Cadillac executives..." Well my salesman was the number #1 Blackwing salesman in Oregon. He sold 2 last year. He introduced me to the janitor who was cleaning the bathrooms at the dealership. Nice guy. We talked a little about the toilet cleaning game then went our separate ways. I know I'm bragging. I'll tone it down.

"If ya'll knew his stats it would blow your mind! Lets just say he is number 1 in the nation..... He is a Cadillac rock star and has introduced me to big time Cadillac executives..." Well my salesman was the number #1 Blackwing salesman in Oregon. He sold 2 last year. He introduced me to the janitor who was cleaning the bathrooms at the dealership. Nice guy. We talked a little about the toilet cleaning game then went our separate ways. I know I'm bragging. I'll tone it down.
1656090568785.png

My sales guy was on the job in his first week when I met him in February 2022. He had never done car sales before in his life, he is very young and just moved to Arizona from Michigan. Today I sign the contract on my 5BW. When my car arrives in 2 to 3 weeks, it will be 5 months from the date I placed an order. I’m likely one of his first BW sales. I believe he is # 2509 in BW sales in the US. Not sure what all this means.

Does anyone know if dealers are able to input orders as MY23 yet? This is for a 4 if it matters. Trying to figure out if an order I place now will have to be replaced as a '23.

@T_smoove2 .......no more 2022 orders are being accepted. 22 is done. Any orders are for 2023. They did start taking 5 orders this week. One would assume that's true for 4's too.

The key question is since Argent Silver is on constraint will you dealer still get an allocation offered to them and give you the chance to modify the order to hold it. Or will the system pass you by and give that allocation to another dealer who has an order with no constraint items on it.

The key question is since Argent Silver is on constraint will you dealer still get an allocation offered to them and give you the chance to modify the order to hold it. Or will the system pass you by and give that allocation to another dealer who has an order with no constraint items on it.
"The system" doesn't do anything automatically. The dealership has to match your order with an allocation. If something on your order is "on constraint", Order Workbench will flag the items on constraint and the order sits there until the dealership takes the next step. Next Step: The dealership should call you to tell you what items are on constraint. At that time, you can either remove the constrained items and your order gets submitted - OR - you say "No way am I dropping those items". At that point, your order stays at Status 1100. The dealership calls the next person on their "list" (I use the word loosely) and they repeat the same process. If no customer wants to remove any constrained items, then they will use that allocation to buy a car that they will sell on the sales floor. They won't give up an allocation just because customers want to wait. :)

Thank you for that concise answer. I'm #1 at a smaller dealership and my build has Argent Silver. My fear was the dealership would never see the allocation but based on what you said I should get a shot at taking it if I'm willing to change colors.

"rubberduck" I know what it means! You are one lucky person!!! Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time and the gods of CT5-V Blackwingdom looked down upon you favorably. ( heck you didn't even need the "KING" to get your Blackwing.) Enjoy that car and post some pictures when you get it so the rest of us beggars can find hope while we wait in Blackwing purgatory.

Thank you for that concise answer. I'm #1 at a smaller dealership and my build has Argent Silver. My fear was the dealership would never see the allocation but based on what you said I should get a shot at taking it if I'm willing to change colors.
... and items go on and off constraint all the time! By the time your dealer is assigned an allocation, your color may be available! Hang in there!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back