Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

2022 MY CT5-V Blackwing ordered with Carbon Fiber 2 Package (CFV) and the Parking Package (Y6L)

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
News from Cadillac to dealers regarding CT5-V Blackwing orders with the carbon fiber 2 package and the parking package together:

To: Select Cadillac Dealers

Date: April 13, 2021

Attn: General Manager, Inventory Manager, New Car Sales Manager

Subject: 2022 MY CT5 V Blackwing ordered with Carbon Fiber 2 Package (CFV) and the Parking Package (Y6L)

You are receiving this message because you have created at least one (1) 2022 MY CT5 V Blackwing order(s) that was edited on Friday April 9th to comply with a new engineering/specification update.

When the 2022 MY CT5 V Blackwing is ordered with the Carbon Fiber 2 Package (CFV) and the Parking Package (Y6L), the Parking Package no longer includes the Handsfree Decklid Release (TL3) (which is included with Y6L in other CT5 configurations). Please note the following regarding this engineering/specification update:

• All included orders have been re-edited to remove the Handsfree Decklid Release (TL3).​
  • There is a $100 MSRP price reduction associated with the (TL3) delete.​
  • “Quick Order” is updated to reflect this change so (TL3) is visible on the order summary as a visual indicator/reminder. The (TL3) option will be visible in “Configure a New Vehicle” in two weeks​

Please review your order(s) and determine if any further edits are required. The available dealer actions are:

• Leave order “as is” with (TL3) deleted.​
  • If (TL3) is required, dealer must delete the (CFV) carbon fiber 2 package and then (TL3) would be re-instated as part of the (Y6L) parking package.​
  • Delete (Y6L) parking package (or make any other desired order changes).​

Please complete your order review (and any needed order updates) as soon as possible but no later than Friday, May 7th. Note once these orders get approved/scheduled (=> event 3000), no further order edits will be possible and the order will be built “as is”.

Please contact your Cadillac District Sales Manager if you have any questions.

Seems we will be able to edit our orders until May 7th, good to know!
Yes, you should be able to make changes to your orders as long as they're still sitting at 1100 - which they are.

Once they move to 2000 - it becomes harder to make changes. 3000...and your car is getting built - like it or not. LOL

Yes, you should be able to make changes to your orders as long as they're still sitting at 1100 - which they are.

Once they move to 2000 - it becomes harder to make changes. 3000...and your car is getting built - like it or not. LOL
When it goes to 3000 and they start building it I'm going to be so happy lol

Can anyone tell me exactly what the Parking Package is? Does it have anything to do with getting an automatic versus manual tranny? I didn't order it but see some folks have. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me exactly what the Parking Package is? Does it have anything to do with getting an automatic versus manual tranny? I didn't order it but see some folks have. Thanks.
Per the order guide, the parking package consists of:

Air Ionizer
Rear Camera Mirror
Rear Pedestrian Alert
Hands-Free Decklid Release (non CF cars only)
Automatic Parking Assist (10A only)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Per the order guide, the parking package consists of:

Air Ionizer
Rear Camera Mirror
Rear Pedestrian Alert
Hands-Free Decklid Release (non CF cars only)
Automatic Parking Assist (10A only)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong!
Thank you., Guessing the camera mirror is good for tracking? Just pulled up ionizer review...sounds good.

Last edited:
Thank you., Guessing the camera mirror is good for tracking? Just pulled up ionizer review...sounds good.
The camera mirror uses the rear camera to display what's behind you on the rear view mirror. I don't use mine much, I'll flip it on when someone's lights are too bright behind me. It's also good to check the blind spots behind you. Other than that, it's a cool feature to show people. :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back