Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2022 5V Rain Sense operation question

CT5-V Model

shbox

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Rift 2022 CT5-V
On my 22 5V the rain sense wipers go down to "park" after a wipe. I don't remember the rain sense wipers on my previous ATS doing this. Seems unnecessary. What does everyone else observe? Also, the rain sense sometimes evolves in to "nonsense", LOL. Wiping frequency is often erratic with the same amount of moisture and the sensitivity settings don't seem linear. Sometimes will stay on fast wipe after rain stops and nothing is there to wipe off. Wondering if I have a module issue.

Wiping frequency is often erratic with the same amount of moisture and the sensitivity settings don't seem linear. Sometimes will stay on fast wipe after rain stops and nothing is there to wipe off. Wondering if I have a module issue.
I believe it is part rain sensor part speed sensor. I've had to play around with the rotatory dial thing to "zero" it. Although I didn't realize the shorter line meant slow and the longer meant fast. That feels counter intuitive or maybe I'm dumb.

According to the owners manual, it seems the dial function is time based when not in rain sense mode and sensitivity based when in rain sense mode. I have not even tried non rain sense mode. Still wondering about the "park" in rain sense mode.

According to the owners manual, it seems the dial function is time based when not in rain sense mode and sensitivity based when in rain sense mode. I have not even tried non rain sense mode. Still wondering about the "park" in rain sense mode.
I've played with the dial in rain sense mode and anecdotally, it will increase/decrease speed significantly between ticks.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back