Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Help! 2016 ctsv torque convertor problems

Need help topic

hawk116

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2011 ctsv & 2016 ctsv
anybody with 2016 v have torque convertor shudder gm tells me its normal operating condition did not do it until 10, 000 miles they will not fix the problem

It's happening to some ATS-V guys too... same story from GM. Check this out:

Rear Axle System Off - I am at my limits

see post #5

Typical GM bs.. . deny deny deny

torque convertor shudder

my car started around 10,000 miles have 14,500 now problem gets worse every day does it at pretty much all speeds steady throttle just like driving over rumble strips, at times does it every 4 to 5 seconds steering wheel is shaking now tach jumps 200 to 300 rpms real nice driving a 100,000 dollar car makes me want to buy another one, so much for warranty,should of bought hell cat

there are always teething problems with new model cars. we all accepted that risk when we decided to get one of these new V's. what's disappointing is the reflexive "user error" posture that GM is taking with regards to these issues, especially since we bailed them out as taxpayers and are now bailing them out again as customers. i am on my second ATS-V because of the rattling wastegate issue. the new car has it as well. and of course, GM says it's "normal", even though some owners don't have the issue. i would think that if it was normal, 100% of owners would be experiencing it. per that link, other ATS-V owners are having torque converter issues. others have noisy manual trans issues. others are having issues with the recaros.

it's not enough to beat BMW and Mercedes at the track, you have to match them with quality as well if you want to compete in the segment.

if i were you, i'd make as much noise as possible. let their regional sales rep know how you feel. post on all the forums. no matter how useless their customer service may be, continue to launch complaints with them.

in the past, this is the only thing that has worked. the V2 CTS-Vs and CTS-Vsports had issues as well, and GM played the "it's normal" game until enough people complained... then the problems were fixed. the bean counters at GM don't want to spend any money until they have to.

I just moved into a CTSV after 15 years of owning corvettes.
I've spent a lot of time over on the various corvette forums, and can confirm the C7 guys are seeing the same issues.

From what I can see it's a bit of a procedure, but looks like GM has been taking care of the faulty converters so at least we're getting support.

FWIW, I had 12k on my C7 and didn't have any issues. Hopefully I get lucky on my CTSV also.

I have the same problems and now are in the middle of a lemon law case

anybody with 2016 v have torque convertor shudder gm tells me its normal operating condition did not do it until 10, 000 miles they will not fix the problem

I want to wish you the best of luck on this. I have been dealing with the same issue since July 2016, I have a 2016 CTS-V that first had the vibration problem at 5K miles. After being in the shop for 4 week and 2 trips, they replaced the torque converter in July 2016. After replacement, I complained about hard shifts. They kept my car for almost 70 days total and could never repair the transmission to shift as it did when it was new. In October, I enacted the Lemon Law as they had given up on fixing my car and that I just needed to live with it. I finally got the court date in April 2017 at which time the Judge drove my car and it had a little over 10K on it. As the miles increased, so did the shifting problem. In June 2017 a decision from the court was awarded at which time GM asked for a rehearing. The rehearing is set for the week of Sept. 25th. The car now has a little over 14K miles on it and the shifting is worse than ever.
At a little over 14K, the transmission once again shutters/vibrates at highway speed, jerks when slowing from 40 to 0 without the foot on the brake, surges when taking off very slowly, grinds and vibrates as you as shifting through gears while taking off at normal speeds, over-reacts when taking off aggressively, feels like someone hits you from behind when coming to a stop a lot of the time, etc.
We will see the outcome after next week.
Again best of luck.
Robert

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop