Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

Product Review: 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Long-Term Update 3

Product Review announcement

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Long-Term Update 3

Differential Frustrations

By Scott Evans | Photos By Motor Trend Staff | September 04, 2014

attachment.php

With Mike Floyd taking over as editor-in-chief of our sister publication, Automobile, I've assumed responsibility for Motor Trend's Car of the Year-winning, 420-hp, twin-turbo, long-term CTS Vsport. Poor me.

Unfortunately, Floyd's transition to the corner office went a little more smoothly than my transition into the CTS. Before I'd even taken possession of the keys, we hit a snag. In the middle of a road trip, creative director Alan Muir got an odd warning message: "Rear Axle System Off." While that certainly sounds bad, Muir reported no change in drivability or performance, and the warning quickly went away.

Once in my possession, I found that any good romp on the gas brought the warning back, but as Muir said, the car didn't behave any differently. Clearly, the rear axle was not disabled, so I figured it had to be something to do with the trick electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential. The car was due for an oil change anyway, so to the dealer it went.

"We'll have it done by tomorrow" quickly turned into a week-and-a-half at the dealer, which provided a 2014 CTS as a free loaner. Most of that time wasn't spent working on the car, though. It was spent waiting.

Read more: 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Long-Term Update 3 - Motor Trend

Attachments

• 2014-cadillac-cts-vsport-front-end-in-motion.jpg
    2014-cadillac-cts-vsport-front-end-in-motion.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 662

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partner Sites

Top Bottom