Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!
  • Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!

Complete Details: Win a 2018 CTS-V Championship Edition from Dream Giveaway!
  • I know that lately, we've gained a lot of new members which is awesome and a lot of those new members are coming from other forums that may use vBulletin and their Private Message (PM) system. Here, we use the XenForo forum software which is (IMHO) much better than vBulletin. The "Conversation" system here is the same as the PM system on vBulletin. So if you want to PM another member, just click their username in a post, and click on "Start Conversation". To see all of your PMs, click on your profile and go to Inbox. Hope this helps.

News: 2014 Cadillac CTS-V to Get a Force-Fed LT1 Engine?

General News Post

Rob

Administrator
Staff member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
Not Yet!
2014 Cadillac CTS-V to Get a Force-Fed LT1 Engine?

Rob Loszewski, Site Administrator
Cadillac V-Net
February 17, 2013

138d1361107552-2014-cadillac-cts-v-get-force-fed-lt1-engine-2014chevroletcorvette_47.jpg

Motor Trend is reporting that according to their contacts, the next generation 2014 Cadillac CTS-V could be getting some form of a forced induction Gen V LT1 Engine.

The Gen V LT1 just debuted on the 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray, and in naturally aspirated form, puts out 450hp and 450lb-ft of torque.

Supposedly, GM has not made a final decision as to whether they will go the twin-turbo charged or supercharged route, however one form or the other will appear in the CTS-V.

I'll stick my neck out on a limb here and say that I wouldn't be surprised if we see a combination of the Gen V LT1 with some form of the Eaton Roots-Type Supercharger, currently used on the 2013 Corvette ZR1. Now THAT would be a screamer!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partner Sites

Top Bottom