Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Not a fan of stickers but I have plate frames to choose from!

RKS

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
Never really listened to Henley or Black Flag but here we are.
20240212_075448.jpg

I have a dead sticker for my rear window already and just today my son told me I need the black flag sticker

Reactions: RKS
In the mid 1980s Henry Rollins (of Black Flag for those who don't know) once sang Happy Birthday to me in the middle of one of his shows. It was my birthday of course...but it was a total surprise. Turns out my buddy knew him and told him we would be at the show and put him up to it. He sat with us at our table after the show, Pretty awesome...smart dude.

A Grateful Dead sticker and driving a Caddy, lol! Brings the stereotype of Cadillac being an old man’s car front and center. A great car with some of the worst music ever!
Boo! :)
My son actually took me to a Dead & Co. concert and there were a lot of kids and younger people there.
I guess as long as I avoid the white NB and jorts; I should be okay.

A Grateful Dead sticker and driving a Caddy, lol! Brings the stereotype of Cadillac being an old man’s car front and center. A great car with some of the worst music ever!
I was never personally a fan of the Dead or their music but I get the appeal - particularly live.

I'm into all kinds of music (was a radio DJ in college)...but mostly I'm a Zappa fan....saw him over 100 times live....met him numerous times, had some lengthy conversations with him, been backstage 4-5 times, rode in a limo with him (and Jello Biafra) once, been to his house and once accepted a job offer from him in the late 1980s....that failed to materialize as the Showtime variety show he was pitching to them didn't get picked up.

Our latest homebrew - Cosmik Debris - a New England style IPA - was made with Zappa hops (along with Galaxy & Comet)...we bottle & keg in about 2 weeks....

rode in a limo with him (and Jello Biafra) once

lol, never really expected to see that name on a caddy forum. I listened to DK a lot back in the late 90s/2000s. Still do now and then. I'd be more surprised if someone mentioned MOD or SOD.

lol, never really expected to see that name on a caddy forum. I listened to DK a lot back in the late 90s/2000s. Still do now and then. I'd be more surprised if someone mentioned MOD or SOD.
Don't know the MOD reference but am a huge fan of System of a Down (being half Armenian helps...but love the music regardless). I met Jello once more recently....at the Gwarbecue near Richmond VA...where they burned Dave Brockie's effigy on a little viking ship in a lake right after he died. A good friend of mine was Brockie's roommate for a while and knew him and Jello etc very well. Jello didn't remember me...but did remember riding in the Limo with Frank.

I also used to know John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers just before he joined the band. My friend (who knew Henry Rollins) was a drummer and John was his roommate. I would sit in on jams many times (audience of one) and wish I had recorded them....swear I heard the whole Mothers Milk album (at least the guitar parts) before the album ever came out. My friend was #2 in the selection of a new drummer for the band (Chad got the gig...my buddy was a better drummer but didn't quite as much look the part as Chad)). He wanted me to be his manager if he got the gig.....would have dovetailed well if I got the job with Frank. Alas...life turned out very differently from there...(but no complaints....great wife and kids....who may never have been....and my work ultimately turned out even more interesting).

It depends on what you consider old. I'm 50, a gen Xer, and seen the Dead right before Jerry died in '95. He was unquestionably one of the greatest guitar players of all time.

It depends on what you consider old. I'm 50, a gen Xer, and seen the Dead right before Jerry died in '95. He was unquestionably one of the greatest guitar players of all time.
Thats a very subjective claim...and as such I won't dispute it....however it depends on the spread....greatest 50, greatest 100...(there are a lot of great guitar players...of varying styles).

I would consider Paco de Lucia (Spanish Flamenco guitarist) as one of the greatest of all time. Glen Campbell was an amazing player (though wouldn't be in my top 10 or 20 etc).

Steve Vai...whom I also knew a bit back in the day is an amazing player....I knew him before most...used to call myself his East Coast record distributor (which was a stretch) as I also knew his manager Laurel and before he had a record contract I would buy boxes of his "Flexible" album and bring them back east to sell to all the Zappa fanatics I used to know here...

Rolling stone ranked him in the top 25 after his death but he was no Steve Vai who I admire way more not to mention Joe Satriani and the late great Stevie Ray Vaughan

Rolling stone ranked him in the top 25 after his death but he was no Steve Vai who I admire way more not to mention Joe Satriani and the late great Stevie Ray Vaughan
Again....don't dispute that....and I do like his playing quite a bit (even if not a huge fan of the Dead...but friends of mine are)...but there is a tremendous amount of subjectivity and its difficult to compare (with varying styles & techniques etc). I'm a big Stevie Ray fan (and love the blues and many great blues players).

Being a Zappa fan I've always felt his guitar talent was way underappreciated by most. (and is worth checking out). Some of my favorite guitar players include Bill Nelson (Be Bop Deluxe), Derek Trucks, Prince, Jeff Beck...and of course no list would be complete without Jimi Hendrix. Some great metal players as well...partial to Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath...probably underrated as well but very influential...

And has anyone here ever hear of Roy Buchanan? (if not also worth checking out...and died a tragic death much too soon)

That is correct.
Oh - well I'm not much of a Metal head per se (so don't know them)...but some friends of mine are...so I get my doses of Lamb of God and Amon Amarth and such...and can enjoy it if I'm in the mood...even gone to shows (OK the limo with the Tequila was a good enticement...)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back