Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

People with the Sky Cool Gray seats; any regrets?

RKS

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT4-V Blackwing
No one in the family wears jeans/jorts so not too worried about color transfer and I'm planning on ceramic leather treatment. Our Sequoia has lighter leather and I'm not a fan but my wife really likes the Sky Cool Gray, is ok with the black but hates the tan. I'm not finding too many 4BWs with the gray in inventory but did order them.

Not a bit. I like mine and get lots of compliments on them. After having so many cars with black seats, it’s nice to try something new. Plus I like the massage functions too! I turned it on by mistake once and it feels nice.

I've only had my car for less than 1k miles but I really like the sky cool gray seats. I ordered my car in Raven Black and no way I can do plain black leather in the summer in south Texas combined with the heat of a black car. I actually would have preferred the tan seats but they cost a lot more at the time I ordered. The gray looks superb in person and is a pretty unique color in comparison to other brands' grays. The seats themselves are very comfortable for my tall, lanky frame. Do it.

Just got my 5BW with Sky Cool Gray interior. I love the color, but I already conceded to the fact that I'll probably need to clean it more often. No big deal for me.

20231220_214522.jpg

SCG takes a middling interior and really makes it pop, particularly with the red seat belt option. I'm totally fatigued on all black interiors.

As a side comment, I generally do not apply any product to leather seating because it just makes the coated leather way too shiny. I was turned on to Colourlock products a few years ago as they promised to maintain the matte finish. Its the best leather care brand I've ever used. After using their mild cleaner, I used this product and have not had any dye transfer or dirt build up, but I try hard to keep it clean.

I like mine a lot, but I do still get jeans transfer even with Colourlock and another highly regarded product I tried before that. I just clean it with leather cleaner every couple of months (really just the driver's seat bottom).

I love my gray seats with the red piping. It really makes the interior special. Nothing is worse than an interior with zero color that turns into a black hole.

I only have 5K miles and no little kids or other soiling problems, but it's one of the best parts of the car.

Get it.

1.5 years 7k miles. Kids in the car constantly. Put a coat of CQuarzt ceramic on the leather when new. Zero color transfer on seats. Some dirt build up on door pulls door arm rests after a year. Wiped right off with a damp microfiber cloth.

Reactions: RKS
1.5 years 7k miles. Kids in the car constantly. Put a coat of CQuarzt ceramic on the leather when new. Zero color transfer on seats. Some dirt build up on door pulls door arm rests after a year. Wiped right off with a damp microfiber cloth.
I'm not sure if I'm more impressed by the ceramic or 7K miles after 1.5 years!

15k miles on mine. I used 303 Leather quite a lot early on. Pretty much every 2 weeks. Since then maybe every other month now. This photo is from Oct 2023, the red cast is legit, seemed to be dye transfer from a red flannel I've got. Have since cleaned it off. The 303 Leather cleaner does a great job of removing the transfer.

Certainly it requires more regular cleaning. But I really think it's the best color combo. So a very worthwhile tradeoff.

Attachments

• PXL_20231011_230238198.jpg
    PXL_20231011_230238198.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
I have noticed a slight grey discoloration (denim jeans) on my driver seat. I seem to be the only one ever in the car. I call it my "Safe Space". I haven't done any interior detailing yet. What products do you "experts" use on your seats. This is my first car with light color leather seats. Black seats I never had to worry about. This year I will probably look for some nice seat covers to protect them.

Check out Gyeon leather cleaner Gyeon Q2M Leather Cleaner Mild They have a video on there and you can check Youtube for other reviews/demos. They also have a Leather Shield kit with ceramic, or a protectant Gyeon Q2M LeatherCoat

I got the ceramic kit with cleaner for my wife's new Audi. It's been too cold to use yet even in the garage, and there is enough for the BW too. My BW had some type of protectant installed by the dealer that seems to have worked well, but I'm sure after a year+ now it's time to redo it. I'm thinking of using the protectant on my Honda truck with leather seats since I don't want to invest time for the ceramic for that.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners