Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Okay which one of you guys traded it in for a Kia.

OK, to be fair, the Kia Stinger and the Genesis G70 (Twin cars), are excellent vehicles and especially the Stinger is a better people mover with more rear passenger and trunk space because of the hatch. I had a G70 before I got my CT4 BW, and loved it... it was still a bit too much on the luxury side of things, but was an excellent and fast car. So I wouldn't fault someone for cross-shopping them, and even going with either of them. Also the aftermarket for them is greater than compared to the Blackwings. Now, if they traded it in for a hamstermobile soul, then let them burn in hell. lol

G70 is an awesome car. In my opinion it is quicker than my 2017 SS sedan. Loads of tech and out handles the SS as well.
After my 16ss got rear ended with structural damage, I was this close🤏 to getting a g70, but couldn't fit my kids in the backseat behind me (I even tried a shoe horn and grease because I really liked how that car drove).

I was planning to buy out the lease on my G70, it was a fantastic car. But then the Blackwing(s) were announced. Seriously, you have to be a complete moron to trade a Blackwing for a G70 or Stinger.

To be even more fair, it actually says it's located at their Subaru store. The link is just from the Kia store website... I'd 100% take a STi over an auto 4BW .. :Steer
STi maybe, but the new WRX, ewww...

Maybe they traded it in for an SUV like the Telluride/Sorento. OOOOOR, they needed a minivan so they got the Carnival.

My buddy who had a G70 and later switch to a F80, he said what he hated is all the nannies that you couldnt turn off.

Maybe they traded it in for an SUV like the Telluride/Sorento. OOOOOR, they needed a minivan so they got the Carnival.

My buddy who had a G70 and later switch to a F80, he said what he hated is all the nannies that you couldnt turn off.
The new WRX is definitely ugly. Still drives great apparently but it's also too expensive. Starts at almost 30k. I bought my 2017 premium for 3k cheaper than that.

Traded in an STI (my second) as quickly as I could for my 6sp 4BW, STI platform is trash, you could dump 25k and have maybe 400hp (500 with the correction factors these tuners use) and then constantly worry about not if but when the ej25 would pop. The awd is awesome in the STI and would love it on the 4BW but these cars are not even in the same class.

Sure the dealer bought this car in auction. I have a '22 BRZ as well and it's an awesome ride, but I wouldn't trade my 5BW in for it. :D

OK, to be fair, the Kia Stinger and the Genesis G70 (Twin cars), are excellent vehicles and especially the Stinger is a better people mover with more rear passenger and trunk space because of the hatch. I had a G70 before I got my CT4 BW, and loved it... it was still a bit too much on the luxury side of things, but was an excellent and fast car. So I wouldn't fault someone for cross-shopping them, and even going with either of them. Also the aftermarket for them is greater than compared to the Blackwings. Now, if they traded it in for a hamstermobile soul, then let them burn in hell. lol
Also had a G70 pre-4BW. It really was a good car. I can see going to a Stinger if you really need the space

Traded in an STI (my second) as quickly as I could for my 6sp 4BW, STI platform is trash, you could dump 25k and have maybe 400hp (500 with the correction factors these tuners use) and then constantly worry about not if but when the ej25 would pop. The awd is awesome in the STI and would love it on the 4BW but these cars are not even in the same class.
sure, manual for manual the 4BW is better. But i'd never choose an auto 4BW over an STi .. (well until we are talking apples to apples and Subaru puts that awful WRX CVT in the STi)

I'd keep it (the STi) stock and just enjoy it. If I'm buying it at 45k-50k just to dump 25k into it.. I'd be better served buying something in that 70k range to begin with. I personally never understand talking buying modern cars that you want to dump 50% of the cost in parts into. the math doesn't add up to me

sure, manual for manual the 4BW is better. But i'd never choose an auto 4BW over an STi .. (well until we are talking apples to apples and Subaru puts that awful WRX CVT in the STi)

I'd keep it (the STi) stock and just enjoy it. If I'm buying it at 45k-50k just to dump 25k into it.. I'd be better served buying something in that 70k range to begin with. I personally never understand talking buying modern cars that you want to dump 50% of the cost in parts into. the math doesn't add up to me
Agree 100%. I saw on FB someone buying a 5V (non-BW) asking who makes the best suspension, exhaust, tune, and appearance mods. If you are buying a car and immediately need to change the appearance, suspension, exhaust, and power...you are buying the wrong car.

Agree 100%. I saw on FB someone buying a 5V (non-BW) asking who makes the best suspension, exhaust, tune, and appearance mods. If you are buying a car and immediately need to change the appearance, suspension, exhaust, and power...you are buying the wrong car.
I've never owned a car that I left anywhere near OEM when all said and done. The BW is the first one that I could see leaving alone. Of course this is all null and void if a tuner comes along...

Come to think of it, now that I'm living that #dadlife the Kia Carnival is lookin pretty sweet...
A minivan makes the perfect "support vehicle" for your vehicular toys. Here we see my Odyssey is vacuuming my S2000.

IMG_7475.jpg

A minivan makes the perfect "support vehicle" for your vehicular toys. Here we see my Odyssey is vacuuming my S2000.

View attachment 10185
Nice! I freakin love minivans and no one can tell me different. My mom got a 1992 Plymouth Grand Voyager brand new and that thing was a game changer for long trips with me and my two brothers. When and if I have more than one kid, minivan all the way.

I've never owned a car that I left anywhere near OEM when all said and done. The BW is the first one that I could see leaving alone. Of course this is all null and void if a tuner comes along...
Modifying because it's a hobby is different than buying a car with the intention of immediately changing all of it.

Person A buys a mustang GT, immediately buys a supercharger kit, suspension, exhaust, need to tune it, GT500 bumper, etc. etc.

Person B buys a GT500 and keeps it stock.

Person A shouts #builtnotbought then has to put all the stock parts on and try to talk the dealership into performing fixes under warranty when something goes wrong.

Person B enjoys their car and if they want to modify it, so be it.

I'm not saying there's not people out here buying $100k cars but still fit into the Person A category.. I just A) see less of it and B) usually see those people chasing drag or track records not street cred

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back