Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealers That Are Not Charging Above MSRP

random unrelated question. am i missing something about the wg/sebring/road atlanta special editions. its just the carbon fiber package, some cosmetic differences (colored rocker/side view etc) and bespoke interior combos right? not questioning or debating whether that's worth the $19k sticker price, just making sure I'm not missing something about them
thanks

Well, I read elsewhere on this forum that the IMSA stickers make it faster. :)

I really liked the Sebring edition when I saw it in a local dealer, and I immediately ruled it out on cost. I had an order in for a stripped '24 6MT 4BW that wasn't going anywhere, and then King Dustin of Sewell made it not that much more expensive for me to get the Sebring edition than I would have been paying at MSRP for a custom ordered '24 without CF packages. The carbon fiber seatbacks are a bonus I wouldn't have paid for ... the Maverick Noir Frost paint, I love, and am happy to have paid for (and, don't tell the people in the Maverick Noir Frost thread, but yes, I'm paying for the full fkn PPF too).

I only managed to wait about 2 months before I called the Blackwing King and got my Sebring IMSA 4. Very happy I did. But I am not impressed with my own patience.
Well it looks like I've got you beat...yesterday I put a down payment on a MT Midnight Steel Metallic 4BW from Classic Caddillac Atlanta and if all works out will be flying there in a few weeks to pick it up. I could have waited 6 mos or more - sure....but to have one with 98% of what I ordered...without the wait...well almost a no-brainer...

Well it looks like I've got you beat...yesterday I put a down payment on a MT Midnight Steel Metallic 4BW from Classic Caddillac Atlanta and if all works out will be flying there in a few weeks to pick it up. I could have waited 6 mos or more - sure....but to have one with 98% of what I ordered...without the wait...well almost a no-brainer...

Ha, probably the same one I looked at on Saturday. You're welcome, by the way. :) They offered to let me take it home for the weekend to try it out, but I declined (because I knew I would not end up buying it, so I didn't want to waste their time nor put additional miles on their car).

In all seriousness, it's a good looking car. Tan seats look great, and the blue calipers go very well with Midnight Steel.

I got a call from my salesman at Jim Ellis in Atlanta yesterday. I didn't buy from them when I was shopping in August because they had added $9K of crap to the car, so he called to tell me that they had a new 2024 CT5BW 6-speed in Argent Silver with an MSRP around 102,500. So far, according to him, they have not added anything (markup) to the car.

I passed, since I already have a car, but wanted to share it here in case someone would like it.

If you want, you can ask for Justin:

Justin Perlino
404-304-0837 Cell
678-259-9718 Desk

Ha, probably the same one I looked at on Saturday. You're welcome, by the way. :) They offered to let me take it home for the weekend to try it out, but I declined (because I knew I would not end up buying it, so I didn't want to waste their time nor put additional miles on their car).

In all seriousness, it's a good looking car. Tan seats look great, and the blue calipers go very well with Midnight Steel.
Yeah thats the car I bought. Had 3 miles on the odo when delivered and apparently has 15 now. I pick it up in a little over a week. Its pretty much the car I ordered locally except for the wheels (I wanted the bronze) and the added sunroof (I'm OK with it but would have preferred without). I'm liking the color (saw your pic in another thread)...but for the fact we already have 2 red cars I like the electric red (?) best. Salesperson at the dealership is raving about the color - says I did good...can't wait see and to drive it.

Yeah thats the car I bought. Had 3 miles on the odo when delivered and apparently has 15 now. I pick it up in a little over a week. Its pretty much the car I ordered locally except for the wheels (I wanted the bronze) and the added sunroof (I'm OK with it but would have preferred without). I'm liking the color (saw your pic in another thread)...but for the fact we already have 2 red cars I like the electric red (?) best. Salesperson at the dealership is raving about the color - says I did good...can't wait see and to drive it.

If you're flying in (to drive the car back) let me know. Could give you a ride to the dealer.

I think the black wheels will grow on you. I'm generally not excited about black wheels either, but it works well with my color (and yours too I think), and it hides the brake dust well. The bronze wheel owners have mentioned how dirty they get very quickly. I can take one drive and have a new dust layer on the wheels, but it doesn't stand out because of the color.

yea my car is midnight steel with the black wheels too. hope it looks ok and not too dark when it arrives. status just changed to 4300 today!

I think the black wheels will grow on you. I'm generally not excited about black wheels either, but it works well with my color (and yours too I think), and it hides the brake dust well. The bronze wheel owners have mentioned how dirty they get very quickly. I can take one drive and have a new dust layer on the wheels, but it doesn't stand out because of the color.
Good to know. I'm planning on some (satin bronze) Apex wheels for my summer tires anyway and will use the black for winter tires. I just think the bronze looks sharp with the Midnight Steel metallic. Also think the bronze goes great with other colors like the red. And I agree the black wheels look good as well...so no worries...

Hi, new to the forum, surfed in looking for CT5V BW information and ordering specifics. My local dealer here in St Paul MN told me it would be 1.5 years if I wanted to order a specific combo car, is this accurate? Judging by some of the posts on here it seems like supplies are opening up a bit but maybe that's more people jumping on unallocated dealer cars and compromising on options.

I'm flexible somewhat on color, but want a non sunroof car, ceramic brakes, all the carbon fiber goodies, and 6spd manual. Looking for some info on a realistic wait time for ordering a car hopefully at MSRP. That will also give me some time to plan and sell my existing daily driver and free up funds. Thanks

flipwils11 - I heard similar (1 yr wait) wrt the 4 BW I ordered last month....when a member here on the forum posted that a car almost exactly to the spec I ordered was on a lot in Atlanta at Classic Caddillac. I'll be picking up that car next week. The sales guy told me they have the largest Blackwing allocation in the nation (don't know if thats true) - but they seem to have several on the lot. Others here have mentioned Sewell Cadillac in Texas and I'm sure that there are others who have decent allocations where the wait won't be so long. I got my 4 without markups...not sure about other dealers. There are also 5s probably coming off lease or such that might be available slightly used. Anyway, you probably have options. A 1 year wait may just be too long if they don't produce 2025 models.

You should post your concerns in a new thread so others on this forum (who know way more than I) will see it and can better offer you advice.

Last edited:
Hi, new to the forum, surfed in looking for CT5V BW information and ordering specifics. My local dealer here in St Paul MN told me it would be 1.5 years if I wanted to order a specific combo car, is this accurate? Judging by some of the posts on here it seems like supplies are opening up a bit but maybe that's more people jumping on unallocated dealer cars and compromising on options.

I'm flexible somewhat on color, but want a non sunroof car, ceramic brakes, all the carbon fiber goodies, and 6spd manual. Looking for some info on a realistic wait time for ordering a car hopefully at MSRP. That will also give me some time to plan and sell my existing daily driver and free up funds. Thanks
Do a search for new inventory on Cadillac.com. I used a 500 mile radius for St. Paul, filter for CT5 BW w/manual trans. Got 10 hits, including this Black on Black, CC Brakes, no sunroof car (sorry, missed it, it has sunroof) at Luther Cadillac. Seems to be missing external carbon, but that's easy to add on your own for the CT5. Check the threads on here, you can use OEM parts discounted from online dealers, or aftermarket sources mentioned in the Carbon thread.

Lafontaine Cadillac in Highland MI, without sunroof, with CF and CC brakes:

Last edited:
Thank you all, I'll do some more poking around with availability and dealers with better allocations/shorter waitlists. I'd like to get a 2024 before they change the dash to the big screen but can wait until Spring if needed.

Thank you all, I'll do some more poking around with availability and dealers with better allocations/shorter waitlists. I'd like to get a 2024 before they change the dash to the big screen but can wait until Spring if needed.
Your not going to get "what" you want" it's the GM way and I wish you could but the carbon goodies are going to be EXTREMELY hard to get as for allocations well I know large Dealer who hasn't gotten one in weeks because of the strike. If there's one on the ground close enough I would hop on it like the other guy did.

yea, you can either compromise a bit and buy one available today (or possibly 'in transit') or put in a bespoke order that might never get accepted
and i second using the cadillac.com new vehicle inventory search. most of the cars on there arent listed on your traditional autotrader sites

For the 5BW you can buy the carbon package 1 pieces a la carte after you have the car and just install them yourself. That's what I've done and have everything but the splitter right now. Not sure how easy it would be to do that with all the CF2 parts, but it can probably be done.

flipwils11 - I heard similar (1 yr wait) wrt the 4 BW I ordered last month....when a member here on the forum posted that a car almost exactly to the spec I ordered was on a lot in Atlanta at Classic Caddillac. I'll be picking up that car next week. The sales guy told me they have the largest Blackwing allocation in the nation (don't know if thats true) - but they seem to have several on the lot. Others here have mentioned Sewell Cadillac in Texas and I'm sure that there are others who have decent allocations where the wait won't be so long. I got my 4 without markups...not sure about other dealers. There are also 5s probably coming off lease or such that might be available slightly used. Anyway, you probably have options. A 1 year wait may just be too long if they don't produce 2025 models.

You should post your concerns in a new thread so others on this forum (who know way more than I) will see it and can better offer you advice.
He lied!!!!! Sewell sells more Blackwings on accident than most dealers do on purpose.... Hell, Dustin sells more Blackwings than most dealers do......

#idriveasewell #blackwingking #sewellfanboy

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners