Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2024 Audi Rs6 Performance

CT5-V Model

sicoo

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2024 CT5-V Blackwing manual
Hey all,

I've had quite the new car quest these last few years as I approached and then surpassed 50 yrs old and my mid life crisis. First, I decided on an AMG E63S wagon, but the model year was canceled due to the world.

Then two years ago this August, I decided to get a 5 Blackwing instead and put my name on a dealer's list. After waiting a year, I put my name on a second dealer's list, so it's now been 2 years with one, 1 year with the other. And still absolutely no idea if/when I'll get one.

Then the Performance version of the Audi RS6 was just announced. I KNOW it's not going to be as great as the 5 Blackwing dynamically, and it IS more expensive, but holy cow is that a cool car.

On a whim, I went to a local dealer and put down a deposit and I'm #4, and there's another nearby dealer that called and may have an allocation. No promises yet, but seems more promising than my chances with the Blackwing.

So okay, go ahead and hate on me. I'm ready.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230716_143933_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230716_143933_Chrome.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 188
Hey all,

I've had quite the new car quest these last few years as I approached and then surpassed 50 yrs old and my mid life crisis. First, I decided on an AMG E63S wagon, but the model year was canceled due to the world.

Then two years ago this August, I decided to get a 5 Blackwing instead and put my name on a dealer's list. After waiting a year, I put my name on a second dealer's list, so it's now been 2 years with one, 1 year with the other. And still absolutely no idea if/when I'll get one.

Then the Performance version of the Audi RS6 was just announced. I KNOW it's not going to be as great as the 5 Blackwing dynamically, and it IS more expensive, but holy cow is that a cool car.

On a whim, I went to a local dealer and put down a deposit and I'm #4, and there's another nearby dealer that called and may have an allocation. No promises yet, but seems more promising than my chances with the Blackwing.

What dealers are you dealing with? I'm also in NJ, and put in an order on a CT5 Blackwing in June and it's scheduled for production next Monday. I should have it about two months after I put in my order. There are definitely enough dealers in this area where you shouldn't have to wait 2 years.

Maybe that was my mistake. I went with one near DC and one in Michigan.

Who's your dealer? MSRP?

Maybe that was my mistake. I went with one near DC and one in Michigan.

Who's your dealer? MSRP?
O'Rourke out on Long Island, ask for Howie. Yes, MSRP. Can't exactly count my chickens before they hatch but so far it's been an incredibly easy experience.

O'Rourke out on Long Island, ask for Howie. Yes, MSRP. Can't exactly count my chickens before they hatch but so far it's been an incredibly easy experience.
Thank you, will give him a shot!

That's awesome! It's one seriously bad-ass car, enjoy it.

Glad to see things calming down a bit with mark ups. I was seriously considering the RS6 Avant while I was waiting for my Blackwing # to come up. The dealers were asking 50K ADM at the time (peak COVID), and it wasn't $200+K worth of car to me. Now, if manual transmission were an option .... well, different story! :LOL:

If you can get an RS6 Performance, do it. Those cars are a hot commodity item and will be worth more then MSRP when they land.

Nobody would berate you for taking it, it is a wagon after all (the Blackwings not so much).

If the choice is one vs the other, well that depends on if you need AWD and if a manual is worth it to you over a wagon. No wrong choice for the short term but for the long term, the Blackwing is the one to get. Manuals are dying and wagons seem to be coming back (new M5 is rumoured to be coming to the US with a wagon variant) and the future is going electric, but that doesn't mean the wagon has to die, the manual certainly will though.

Hey all,

Nope don't hate on ya one bit! Love the look of that car and people bash on me because I dig 4 doors! I am not into Audi the prices or the maintenance but the car looks cool!

I just went for a walk in the neighborhood imagining myself in both cars driving around. Every time I thought I knew the answer, I started thinking, "yeah, but..."

@Exia, you make a good point of wagons coming back vs. manuals dying forever.

I may reach out to one more tri-state Cadillac dealer to place an order, and then let karma decide for me. First one to get an allocation will be the one I get.

I had an S4 for nearly 9 years and it was a great car. Honestly, Audi would’ve been my first choice if they would’ve had a six speed. But since they didn’t, I got lucky and stumbled onto the 5BW. Glad I did.

I guess I never seen the rs6 as a cross shop for the 5BW. The RS6 is a 5000lb v8 wagon that looks nice, has a nice interior and is a comfortable daily driver. The only real similarity is that they both have a v8. I think the RS6 is more of a cross shop to those who want a fast highway cruiser with space: XM5, XM6, RS Q8, Cayenne Turbo, etc.

I guess I never seen the rs6 as a cross shop for the 5BW. The RS6 is a 5000lb v8 wagon that looks nice, has a nice interior and is a comfortable daily driver. The only real similarity is that they both have a v8. I think the RS6 is more of a cross shop to those who want a fast highway cruiser with space: XM5, XM6, RS Q8, Cayenne Turbo, etc.
That’s may be an over generalization and I’d likely be an RS6, RS7, or S580 buyer in the highway cruiser demographic. In fact I was beginning to get serious about looking for an S580 and RS7. But instead I bought a 5BW which is uncharacteristic of me. The deciding factor was the 6M that will likely be the last time we see that in a SC V8. Not all of us plan to track these cars or fully use them for their intended purpose. The other cars would have been a better fit for my uses, but sometimes emotions win over logic.

I have both a 5 BW & 2022 RS6. Wait for the BW. The rs6 isn’t worth paying 1/3 more. The air suspension is a bit more cushy & you clearly have more cargo space, but the BW is much better to drive. The rs6 is a luxury car that is fast & the BW is a fast car that is luxurious. Maintenance is flat stupid on the rs6. I got my brakes replaced under warranty on it & the bill was $14,000. That was with the STEEL brakes not even carbon ceramics. There’s also currently no aftermarket brake options available either. The rs6 will only go 2 laps before the brakes overheat while the BW can go all day without issue. When I first got my rs6 it was about a month after the BW & my initial impression was how much tamer it seemed. A lot of that had to do with the exhaust. I removed the 3 resonators & it now sounds a lot better but it should have just came that way to begin with. On the highway the BW also gets a lot better gas mileage, not that a lot of people looking at these 2 cars care about that. I still have my rs6 bc I will keep the BW forever & don’t want to subject it to crappy roads. I threw all season tires on the rs6 & with the AWD it gets around pretty good, but I’m sure a BW with dedicated snow tires could be better. I just have no desire to have to swap back and forth all the time.

The rs6 looks nicer bc I opted for the extended leather but if not for that the BW is near equal and in some ways better. The rs6 for some reason comes with a cheap looking plastic airbag. I swapped it for the leather one from a S8, but it should have had it standard. The rs6 heads up display doesn’t show music track information on it which is a bit annoying and the seats aren’t as comfortable or as well bolstered. They don’t even have a basic massage function. Ergonomically the BW wins hands down & it’s not close. RS6 you have to put your phone inside the console to charge & it overheats your phone & charges slower. Bw it’s just right there in front of you. Bw physical controls may not look as cool but the Audi touchscreens are a hassle. Better than others, but the system takes forever to boot & often has CarPlay connection problems. The bw boots up near instantly & connects to CarPlay immediately in comparison.

I could say a lot more after owning both for over a year, but again just get the BW. The rs6 performance is the only rs6 model now available in the US so this talk that it’s somehow a lot more special or worth a lot more is overblown. It’s got slightly larger turbos from the rsq8, some sound deadening removed, & different wheels. You can remove the resonators for $300 & get a jb4 or tune on a non performance model & have a superior car. Apr even offers a warranty on their tune as an fyi.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

I have both a 5 BW & 2022 RS6. Wait for the BW. The rs6 isn’t worth paying 1/3 more. The air suspension is a bit more cushy & you clearly have more cargo space, but the BW is much better to drive. The rs6 is a luxury car that is fast & the BW is a fast car that is luxurious. Maintenance is flat stupid on the rs6. I got my brakes replaced under warranty on it & the bill was $14,000. That was with the STEEL brakes not even carbon ceramics. There’s also currently no aftermarket brake options available either. The rs6 will only go 2 laps before the brakes overheat while the BW can go all day without issue. When I first got my rs6 it was about a month after the BW & my initial impression was how much tamer it seemed. A lot of that had to do with the exhaust. I removed the 3 resonators & it now sounds a lot better but it should have just came that way to begin with. On the highway the BW also gets a lot better gas mileage, not that a lot of people looking at these 2 cars care about that. I still have my rs6 bc I will keep the BW forever & don’t want to subject it to crappy roads. I threw all season tires on the rs6 & with the AWD it gets around pretty good, but I’m sure a BW with dedicated snow tires could be better. I just have no desire to have to swap back and forth all the time.

The rs6 looks nicer bc I opted for the extended leather but if not for that the BW is near equal and in some ways better. The rs6 for some reason comes with a cheap looking plastic airbag. I swapped it for the leather one from a S8, but it should have had it standard. The rs6 heads up display doesn’t show music track information on it which is a bit annoying and the seats aren’t as comfortable or as well bolstered. They don’t even have a basic massage function. Ergonomically the BW wins hands down & it’s not close. RS6 you have to put your phone inside the console to charge & it overheats your phone & charges slower. Bw it’s just right there in front of you. Bw physical controls may not look as cool but the Audi touchscreens are a hassle. Better than others, but the system takes forever to boot & often has CarPlay connection problems. The bw boots up near instantly & connects to CarPlay immediately in comparison.

I could say a lot more after owning both for over a year, but again just get the BW. The rs6 performance is the only rs6 model now available in the US so this talk that it’s somehow a lot more special or worth a lot more is overblown. It’s got slightly larger turbos from the rsq8, some sound deadening removed, & different wheels. You can remove the resonators for $300 & get a jb4 or tune on a non performance model & have a superior car. Apr even offers a warranty on their tune as an fyi.

Nicely spoken! Glad to see 1st hand review of the AUDI stuff something I would never touch imo.

@Carguyshu , thanks a lot for the comparison. This was very insightful.

I'm a sucker for a sport wagon - hope you get what you're looking for sooner than later man, that wait sucks. I opted to just find one nationally that was optioned the way I wanted and was at or close to MSRP. There are quite a few M6 5VBW's out there if you're willing to buy sight unseen and ship it, or willing to fly and drive it back.

I just got off the phone with Howie. Can I just say how great this guy is (so far). Real car guy. I'll be putting an order in with him. Thank you for the reference, @ukcats12 .

...damn you know you're balling when the RS6 is the winter beater.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back