Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dash Stats - what are all those numbers ?

CBH

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT5 Blackwing w/ Clutch
Exploring the Sport dash setup and the "applets" you can configure on the far left side. Curious if y'all already know what these are.

eLSD - when leaving a red light, mine is around 30% in 1st gear, then drops immediately under 10% upon shifting to 2nd. I expected this number to correlate with the amount of slip it was correcting - like burning out, or a tight corner - but it doesn't seem to. What does that % mean ?

Boost - my 5 is supercharged. I expected that any supercharged engine could only experience positive intake pressure since the blower is hard-wired to the crankshaft. I expected boost to strictly follow RPM. However, its always negative (vacuum indication) while doing normal, timid driving. But touch the throttle, and it instantly goes positive. This is counterintuitive as well. A normally aspirated motor would experience higher vacuum upon acceleration since the open throttle allows the engine to suck harder to draw more air to accelerate. ?!?!?

G Force - not a question, but a complaint. The HUD is the only place where you could actually see > 1.0 lateral G's while experiencing it. The ZL1 has it.........why not the Caddy !?!?

PDR - I am surprised no threads about this, but I could not find any way to add PDR to my '23 when I ordered it. Then I've seen messages on the infotainment screen that say my surround camera does not have an SD card. ?!? Did PDR go away for '23 ? Was it standard ? Where is the SD card slot, if it had one ?

PDR was (is?) on constraint. SD slot would be on dash to left of steering wheel.

The PDR is listed in the interior options portion of the Build and Price online page.

The surround vision camera sd card slot is in the trunk on the RH side.

Thanks for the links. Hemmings won't let me see it without my ad blocker, so I wasn't able to look at the boost article.

The eLSD article was informative. It kinda supports the numbers I've seen, but A) still not clear why an extremely meager 1st gear straight start generates 30% usage, and B) do we have wheel slip % display ? I'm anxious to try it out after I hit 500 miles in the next few days. :)

Seems like the numbers are a little off in the article as related to the 5BW. For example it says 10-15% coupling on straight ahead street driving. I looked at mine today and under extremely moderate acceleration in 2nd I was at 40%. Is that normal?
The numbers you gave seem perfectly in line with those quoted in the link. The 10-15% value are for normal, part-throttle (no acceleration) straight-line driving.

PDR is an option but may have been on constraint for you or you missed it. I had to make sure my dealer added it as well, originally they didn't and when I got a copy of my build noticed it was missing, mine is a '23. The Surround view camera has an SD reader located in the trunk. The PDR SD card reader would be to the left of the steering wheel.

The boost is normal. My Z06 is the same, negative pressure when the throttle is closed or almost closed (i.e. cruising) and goes to positive pressure when applying throttle.

Reactions: CBH

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners