Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Roll Call

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.
darrell hammond forum GIF

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

ChatGPT did an amazing job with that! How does it know this stuff?

My god, that gets you a 🎖️and🏆 for best post I've seen to date here. 👏 Bravo

I'm proud that he's a fellow 5BW owner. Shows what a rare breed of man owns these cars!

ChatGPT did an amazing job with that! How does it know this stuff?
Lol i thought it was ChatGPT too but it's a direct quote from Dr.Evil
Austin Powers Laser GIF

The GTX was my first nice car at 20 years old. The Roadrunner I bought in the mid nineties. I only owned both of them for a short time. The R/T is still in my garage. All auto on column unfortunately. View attachment 16698View attachment 16699View attachment 16700
You've definitely had some Mopar fun!! Love that you still have the RT!! Beautiful car for sure! My only Mopar was a Dodge Warlock truck that had the 440 in it. Had it for a little while in college, but sold it to a buddy who pretty quickly wrapped it around a tree on a rainy night.

You've definitely had some Mopar fun!! Love that you still have the RT!! Beautiful car for sure! My only Mopar was a Dodge Warlock truck that had the 440 in it. Had it for a little while in college, but sold it to a buddy who pretty quickly wrapped it around a tree on a rainy night.
I used to walk to high school and we we would cut through a Dodge dealership on the way. I remember seeing brand new Lil Red Trucks and Warlocks on the lot and lusting after them. It was really my older brother and his friends that got me into Mopars though! Too bad your Warlock bit the dust!

I used to walk to high school and we we would cut through a Dodge dealership on the way. I remember seeing brand new Lil Red Trucks and Warlocks on the lot and lusting after them. It was really my older brother and his friends that got me into Mopars though! Too bad your Warlock bit the dust!
There's a car repair shop near us that has a Lil Red Express sitting outside and just rotting away...hasn't been touched in years...the abuse drives me crazy every time I see it!

I didn't even want a Blackwing. Its now been six months to the day that I picked up my 4BW.

I grew up with a lazy eye (specifically, strabismus amblyopia) and therefore have no stereoscopic vision, a very weak vestibular system and a proneness to motion sickness. As a kid, things like swings and roller coasters were a no go for me. For most of my driving-age life, I could do typical normal tasks (drive to work, go shopping, etc.) without issue. Several years ago, though, I started having problems that initially manifested as headaches while driving and, over the next couple years, devolved to getting motion sickness while doing household chores. In between these two extremes, I got prescribed meclizine so that I could drive symptom free.

During the devolvement of my vestibular system, I bought a C7 Z06 which includes a trip to Spring Mountain. After I got confidence I could drive symptom-free with meclizine, I enrolled in Corvette Owners School/Spring Mountain. The on-track activity triggered my motion sickness symptoms (which wasn't unexpected, but I wanted to really test it in a safe environment) but in a new way that allowed a true diagnosis of the issues I was having. It was likely that I'd had an infection that damaged hearing on my left-side and inner-ear function on my right side. I'd subtlety lost eye control. The best way to describe it is by imagining living life constantly seeing things through the camera-shake effect you see in action movies.

Treatment is physical therapy, doing exercises that trigger the symptoms so that the brain relearns, then modifying the exercise to continue pushing symptoms as the brain adapts. Doing the exercises got me back to a good baseline in most activities, the one exception was driving my Altima. My max driving time in it was about 60 minutes on a good day, whereas I could drive my Z06 symptom-free for hours. Eventually, I decided there was something specific about the Altima that I wasn't going to be able to overcome. Based on my experience with the Z06, I bet getting a sport sedan was the best option.

When the Blackwings got announced, I was already looking at the V's. I wasn't going to spend the money to get a 5BW (especially since I had the Z06) and 4BW was smaller than the Altima, which was our long-distance travel car. Also, I didn't want a Blackwing parked outside in my driveway. So, I'd settled on getting a 5V (runner up was a Acura TLX) based on already being in the GM family. While waiting for a local dealer to get a 5V allocation, some of the criteria that pointed me to the 5V changed, which opened up the potential of getting a 4BW instead. When I found a 4BW matching my desired color and transmission choices within driving distance, I bought it.

Fortunately, the 4BW doesn't give me any issues with normal daily driving. I still don't have the vestibular system for tracking, but I can at least enjoy the cars with some spirited driving here and there.

My track alternative is a sim-racing rig. If you look closely, you might notice the Wilwood master and slave cylinders, the brake pedal on these works by fluid pressure sensing, they have DOT5 fluid in them. My main time-spend is iRacing...
1676837543877.png

I also play American Truck Simulator, which I can do while streaming TV or listening to music...
1676837595707.png

Does this AI car look familiar?
1676837655445.png

Last edited:
I didn't even want a Blackwing. Its now been six months to the day that I picked up my 4BW.

I grew up with a lazy eye (specifically, strabismus amblyopia) and therefore have no stereoscopic vision, a very weak vestibular system and a proneness to motion sickness. As a kid, things like swings and roller coasters were a no go for me. For most of my driving-age life, I could do typical normal tasks (drive to work, go shopping, etc.) without issue. Several years ago, though, I started having problems that initially manifested as headaches while driving and, over the next couple years, devolved to getting motion sickness while doing household chores. In between these two extremes, I got prescribed meclizine so that I could drive symptom free.

During the devolvement of my vestibular system, I bought a C7 Z06 which includes a trip to Spring Mountain. After I got confidence I could drive symptom-free with meclizine, I enrolled in Corvette Owners School/Spring Mountain. The on-track activity triggered my motion sickness symptoms (which wasn't unexpected, but I wanted to really test it in a safe environment) but in a new way that allowed a true diagnosis of the issues I was having. It was likely that I'd had an infection that damaged hearing on my left-side and inner-ear function on my right side. I'd subtlety lost eye control. The best way to describe it is by imagining living life constantly seeing things through the camera-shake effect you see in action movies.

Treatment is physical therapy, doing exercises that trigger the symptoms so that the brain relearns, then modifying the exercise to continue pushing symptoms as the brain adapts. Doing the exercises got me back to a good baseline in most activities, the one exception was driving my Altima. My max driving time in it was about 60 minutes on a good day, whereas I could drive my Z06 syptom-free for hours. Eventually, I decided there was something specific about the Altima that I wasn't going to be able to overcome. Based on my experience with the Z06, I bet getting a sport sedan was the best option.

When the Blackwings got announced, I was already looking at the V's. I wasn't going to spend the money to get a 5BW (especially since I had the Z06) and 4BW was smaller than the Altima, which was our long-distance travel car. Also, I didn't want a Blackwing parked in my driveway. So, I'd settled on getting a 5V (runner up was a Acura TLX) based on already being in the GM family. While waiting for a local dealer to get a 5V allocation, some of the criteria that pointed me to the 5V changed, which opened up the potential of getting a 4BW instead. When I found a 4BW matching my desired color and transmission choices within driving distance, I bought it.

Fortunately, the 4BW doesn't give me any issues with normal daily driving. I still don't have the vestibular system for tracking, but I can at least enjoy the cars with some spirited driving here and there.

My track alternative is a sim-racing rig. If you look closely, you might notice the Wilwood master and slave cylinders, the brake pedal on these works by fluid pressure sensing, they have DOT5 fluid in them. My main time-spend is iRacing...
View attachment 17002

I also play American Truck Simulator, which I can do while streaming TV or listening to music...
View attachment 17003

Does this AI car look familiar?
View attachment 17004
Now that is one hell of a setup!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace