Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

window tinting Blackwings....

tacosman

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT 5 V blackwing
Do most of you guys do this?

I recently bought a BW-5 Electric Blue manual, and want to do this.

In general do you think they look better with window tinting?

How strong/percentage does one usually go? Pics to help compare would be good....

I think no more than 35% here is the law....

Do some of you guys do a middle ground percentage?

Following closely - have an electric blue 4 going in for tint on Friday.

From a cosmetic standpoint, tints definitely look good on cars. I remember buying my first car in the 11th grade (it was an E92 328i in baby blue powder coat) and then tinting it - Was like an entirely different car. You’d be surprised how much it makes the blue on your BW pop, and how dope it looks on darker colors.

But more importantly - Tints are just good for you and for the car. Less light entering the vehicle reduces heat, reduces glare on your eyes and on interior surfaces, and overall has a “protective” quality when it comes to UV rays and heat damage and all of that jazz.

I also don’t believe in “legal” tint. There is obviously a noticeable difference from driving a fishbowl, but that being said, it’s really nice to have the privacy to pick your nose at a red light or to freely stare at other drivers/cars without them knowing you’re doing it. Or maybe your wife finally got frisky!

Historically my vehicles have always had 15% on all glass with 50% on the windshield. This was my personal “perfect balance” of nighttime visibility and daytime heat/glare reduction.

My BW will be going in for tinting on Friday, where this time I’ll do 5% on all windows and perhaps 35% on the windshield - I don’t recommend that, though.

I have an electric blue ct5 black wing and got 35% tint all around and 70 on the windshield. Worse mod ever to the car and it looks much worse with the tint than without it.

Reason is that the 5BW already has a large green house and the tint exaggerates this look and makes it look bloated and less aggressive. Also the supposed heat rejection properties are minimal at best even with Xpel prime ceramic they used. You’d be lucky to have a few degrees difference if you really measure and I certainly didn’t notice much difference. The car was hot either way.
2BEE3CCD-B3DE-490D-BB56-8D9AFE3A04FC.jpeg

4FF19496-4D09-40ED-AC21-9C697685A993.jpeg

One of my first things I do to any new car. Not a clue what percentage they are. I've used the same guy since 1995 when I got my first car. Back then the levels were 1, 2, 3, or limo. Higher number was darker tint. I always ran 2 on the front windows and 3 for everything else.
4EZDve8.jpg

01357e9d7e0cadb86177b9dc22de5ad61795aa9565.jpg

I had a little different take, I tinted the rear half of the car only, 20% Xpel ceramic. Tinting the front doors is illegal in NJ.

Also IMO tinting the windshield is really dumb. Do you wear sunglasses at night? If it's a UV or IR thing, they make clear (or nearly clear) tint that will solve that issue, but not affect nighttime visibility.

View attachment 16592

I had a little different take, I tinted the rear half of the car only, 20% Xpel ceramic. Tinting the front doors is illegal in NJ.

Also IMO tinting the windshield is really dumb. Do you wear sunglasses at night? If it's a UV or IR thing, they make clear (or nearly clear) tint that will solve that issue, but not affect nighttime visibility.
I have my front tinted in a clear for uv/ir thing, but I'm cool and wear my sunglasses at night...
Will Forte Snl GIF by The Lonely Island

I don’t know what % mine is but I know it’s darker than allowed by the state. The workaround is to tell the inspection place your front windows “don’t work” and give them a tip for going along with it 😃
65AE6CAD-F22A-4A23-B86F-78389B2CD38B.jpeg

I've tinted all my cars over the last 35+ years (if you look at the car commercials you will also see they do this for aesthetic purposes just like me.). On my BW I did 35% on front doors (NY Law) and 20% on rear doors and back glass, never have done windshield on any of my cars.

Attachments

• BW6.jpg
    BW6.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 105

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace