Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Blackwings really need a 'Performance Supplement'

MatthewAMEL

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 BW5 M6
As the delivery of my Unicorn inches ever closer, I started reading the Owners Manual.

It's really frustrating that a car this performance oriented doesn't have a stand-alone High Performance/Track Supplement like the Camaro or Corvette.

Not only is all the information scattered around the manual, some of it is directly contradictory.

For example:

Tire Pressures on page 336 say for 'high speed driving' cold pressures should be 41psi F and 42psi R. I was shocked. I have never seen recommended pressures so high.

Turns out on page 197, the recommended pressures for track are 28psi cold and adjust not to exceed 35psi hot. That's more in line with what is in the Corvette and Camaro manuals.

I wonder if @Mirza Grebovic has something like that or would mention why a supplement wasn't produced?

Decided to create a BW version. It's a work in progress and completely unofficial. I welcome comments and corrections/additions.

Attachments

• Blackwing Performance Supplement Unofficial.pdf
    284 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
The 'Track Events & Competitive Driving' section is pretty much the same thing as that Vette guide, bar being nicely laid out with all the tables and less info on brake failure issues which are maybe Vette specific?

Agree the high speed pressures bit should clearly state they mean bombing down the autobahn and not on a track. It is a weird one.

The 'Track Events & Competitive Driving' section is pretty much the same thing as that Vette guide, bar being nicely laid out with all the tables and less info on brake failure issues which are maybe Vette specific?

Agree the high speed pressures bit should clearly state they mean bombing down the autobahn and not on a track. It is a weird one.

Well, here is the Camaro guide.

Notice it goes all the way from break in to post-track use.

Camaro and Blackwing are incredibly similar mechanically so that guide would be a good starting point.

unless the Autobahn is your track

Oh for sure that's neat and would be nice to have a BW one!

Well, it is...until it overheats and you drop into limp mode.
Israel Adesanya Sport GIF by UFC

Cadillac V-Academy did a decent job of explaining PTM, the hows & whys you would use certain modes.

Decided to get off the sidelines and into the game. Please refer to the 1st post for an unofficial guide.

Could use some assistance on the BW4 specific stuff as well as some of the alignment specs. I don't know what the OEM Caster is for CT4 or CT5.

Sorry to add but your rights being denied isn't political.
Agreed, but in this largely self-policed forum I think most agree on the unspoken boundaries. Let's stick to roasting each other for not using the search function and being impatient about built cars not being delivered.

Thank you @MatthewAMEL for being a man of action and starting the supplement. Hopefully it is the catalyst to Cadillac creating something official.

Agreed, but in this largely self-policed forum I think most agree on the unspoken boundaries. Let's stick to roasting each other for not using the search function and being impatient about built cars not being delivered.

Thank you @MatthewAMEL for being a man of action and starting the supplement. Hopefully it is the catalyst to Cadillac creating something official.
Seconded.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners