Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM recalling 740,000 vehicles for headlight issues?

Has anyone actually done the recall? Does it actually shut off the DLRs at night. I actually like those two front stripes and clearly being able to tell its a Caddy. What does the recall actually look like on a 2022 or 23 CT4?

Has anyone actually done the recall? Does it actually shut off the DLRs at night. I actually like those two front stripes and clearly being able to tell its a Caddy. What does the recall actually look like on a 2022 or 23 CT4?
I don't like the change either. I've seen a lot of these things become an aftermarket part or change before in other cars.

I don't think the DRL's go off, they dim to say 50%, or at least that's what they used to do.

I haven't heard of anyone actually getting it pushed to their car yet.

I haven't heard of anyone actually getting it pushed to their car yet.

It's pushed to my car, the dealer has to complete the update but I told them not to when I had my diff fluid changed.

Oh, ok. Why can't you do the update yourself? You're wanting someone else to be the first guinea pig?

I THINK they were somehow able to push this to my car while sitting on the goat lot. Looks like the recall is resolved, at least not showing up like it was on NHSTA. Hopefully that will allow them to release it and finally get it delivered!

1671471219849.png

So checked NHSTA site, shows my car is on list and recall still open. Just did a physical check and my DRLs don't look to be that intense. With or without Headlights on no visible difference. Checked settings in car to look for updates and tells me none are available.🤔

Oh, ok. Why can't you do the update yourself? You're wanting someone else to be the first guinea pig?
The update MUST be completed a dealer. I don't necessarily want someone else to go first, I just want to see the impact before I proceed.

So checked NHSTA site, shows my car is on list and recall still open. Just did a physical check and my DRLs don't look to be that intense. With or without Headlights on no visible difference. Checked settings in car to look for updates and tells me none are available.🤔
It has not been pushed to my car, either.
The update MUST be completed a dealer. I don't necessarily want someone else to go first, I just want to see the impact before I proceed.

GM says you can do it yourself:

General Motors will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to correct the condition. Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership. Alternatively, owners may have their vehicle serviced at a GM dealer to receive these software updates.

I am going to take some before and after pictures whenever my update becomes available.

It has not been pushed to my car, either.

GM says you can do it yourself:

General Motors will update the software in the vehicles’ Body Control Module (BCM) to correct the condition. Owners who have accepted applicable terms and conditions will have the opportunity to accept these software changes using wireless over-the-air (OTA) technology without having to bring their vehicle to a dealership. Alternatively, owners may have their vehicle serviced at a GM dealer to receive these software updates.

I am going to take some before and after pictures whenever my update becomes available.

I was going to attach pictures of the car asking me to go to the dealer for this service but it would appear the OTA update got done overnight.

Attachments

• 20221219_162209.jpg
    20221219_162209.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20221219_162110_99.mp4
    3.7 MB
I was going to attach pictures of the car asking me to go to the dealer for this service but it would appear the OTA update got done overnight.
So, in the build section does it show history that the update has been applied?

Stopped by the dealer and they uploaded the update in 15 minutes on the Esky V ... nothing to it really, I can't tell the difference. 🤷‍♂️

I've been around, I check this place out daily but there's not much in the way of escalade v talk so I just read.

Enjoying the truck and waiting for the 5BW matte edition to be released so I can order one.

Merry Xmas to you and everyone here. :)

The DRL's also stay on the BW4's as well. I checked my 4 & 5 and the DRL's do stay on. I'm in no hurry to get the update on either car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back