Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V 2023 CT5V Blackwing - Green Filter Installed/Part #

CT5-V Model
I don't believe the filter will make any change. Capability of tuning for it would make the difference.

I don't believe the filter will make any change. Capability of tuning for it would make the difference.
That's kind of my point, these cars cant be properly tuned without throwing codes... I have said this before and will again, I will never go down that rabbit hole again, especially with some of the problems starting to come up with the BW's... I want/need a warranty....... Please don't hate me @WONT TAP!

Exactly what I was gonna say. These shifters are short throw enough and are so crisp. Id hate for MGW to make it worst and add notchiness to it. It made sense to upgrade on my Z06 since it actually changed the throw but the notchiness sucked.
I prefer the “nothchiness” at this power level. For me, It adds to the overall acoustics and feel. This tremec is really nice but does seem like it will change once broken in. It wont remain refined like honda and porsche shifters.

That's kind of my point, these cars cant be properly tuned without throwing codes... Please don't hate me @WONT TAP!
On our CT4-V Blackwing flagship car, we are now above 700 whp without any codes at all, except for the ones for the downpipes, which can be easily cleared in two seconds.

We have big plans for the CT5-V Blackwing as well, so please stay tuned. ;)

We have big plans for the CT5-V Blackwing as well, so please stay tuned. ;)
me:
Worry Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That's kind of my point, these cars cant be properly tuned without throwing codes... I have said this before and will again, I will never go down that rabbit hole again, especially with some of the problems starting to come up with the BW's... I want/need a warranty....... Please don't hate me @WONT TAP!

But the 'new' part is the BW will handle almost all the bolt-ons you can throw at it without needing a tune. The Global B ECU + the OEM Wideband have very large adjustment authority. Things that used to require a tune, no longer do.

I would guess that the downpipes only throw codes because the ECU sees the emission system has been modified, not because it can't adjust for it.

But the 'new' part is the BW will handle almost all the bolt-ons you can throw at it without needing a tune. The Global B ECU + the OEM Wideband have very large adjustment authority. Things that used to require a tune, no longer do.

I would guess that the downpipes only throw codes because the ECU sees the emission system has been modified, not because it can't adjust for it.
And that is all well and fine for you guys..... I plan to leave mine OEM.....I have no need at all to make it faster or sound different......

Question is up to what point can the stock PCM make adjustments. I've seen the ported blowers, heard smaller pulley and larger TB has been done without any code or correction.

The thing I keep seeing that people wish can be tuned is the stock torque management. People are saying you cant 100% turn it off and it kicks in even at race mode or even TC completely off. One of the things that people wanna be able to adjust and wont be possible with piggybacks.

Question is up to what point can the stock PCM make adjustments. I've seen the ported blowers, heard smaller pulley and larger TB has been done without any code or correction.

The thing I keep seeing that people wish can be tuned is the stock torque management. People are saying you cant 100% turn it off and it kicks in even at race mode or even TC completely off. One of the things that people wanna be able to adjust and wont be possible with piggybacks.

My understanding is the torque management is there to save the 2-part driveshaft from destruction. Have no idea if that is the real reason.

I do know on the 'old' LT1/LT4 ECU, the torque tables were a thing. Especially with the A8/A10 transmissions.

Hey everyone! I was reading through posts/searching for vendors online and didn't come across any cold air intake solutions (or really much of any bolt on solutions) for the 2023 CT5V BW as of yet. Because I can't leave any of my cars alone for long, I did acquire a green filter that I installed today. No engine codes or anything so far.

Thought I would share the part number for anyone interested: the website lists it fits the 2022 BW, and I installed with no issues on my 2023.

Greenfilter #7481
View attachment 14750
Would this filter void the warranty of the vehicle?

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back