Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hello from VA Beach! CT4V BW

Vigster

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 CT4-V Blackwing
Hello all!

Haven't seen a single BW in the VA Beach area yet but hopefully there are a few of you out here to hang out with!

I just placed an order yesterday for a CT4-V BW 6MT in Rift Metallic, Bronze Wheels, Tan interior, slick top with the tech package. I had placed an allocation with Rick Hendrick Cadillac Norfolk but it was looking unlikely they would be getting one anytime soon (also they added an in-house $7500 "protection package" consisting of ceramic, tint, and weather tech mats lol). I also spoke with Gold Coast Cadillac in NJ as they have several in-route and plentiful allocations but they are adding a "market value adjustment" of almost $9,000 to their cars. Then I called Delaware Cadillac at lunch yesterday and spoke with @Blackwing Bill who is a salesperson there (and CT4V BW owner!). We talked for almost an hour about the process, allocation stats and generally BSing about the car and features. They get a healthy number of allocations for the CT4-V BW and they ask MSRP, although they are adding $10,000 to 5-BW orders. He called me again around dinner time with news the dealership received 2x allocations and if I wanted, I could order one that night. I was shocked but very excited and decided, all-gas no-brakes, lets do it! So I jumped on the builder site and got to work! In about an hour (6pm-ish) his sales manager Harry and I had finished the deal and he had the order submitted before morning. Waiting to hear what the projected build week is still!

I am very excited. I was afforded the opportunity to test drive a '22 6MT at my local dealership and it was amazing. I am coming from a '17 Chevy SS 6MT in Royal Peacock Green, currently rolling around in my '20 Ram 1500 Laramie. I have missed the SS quite a bit since selling it last year, the color and the LS3 were perfect but going forward the CT5 was just too far outside of my budget. I didn't think it was possibly to make the TR6060 transmission better but the GM tech's somehow made it happen in the new BW series. Having just come from the last gen MagRide as well, it is noticeably better in either direction, soft/stiff. I also can't wait to play with a modern infotainment system that isn't hot garbage, although all I really need is Android Auto.

Lastly, for anyone considering pulling the trigger, one quote from a co-worker is what sent me down this path of research and hunting two months ago. He has a tracked out GTR that makes people question his financial decisions. But he said to me "How much does happiness cost to you? If you put a dollar amount on it, how much? For me it was $80k plus tax, tag and title".

While the CT5-V BW is likely worth the price and the SC V8 is a monster that goes faster and sounds better, it's not in the cards for me. I am more than content with the twin turbo LF4 motor mated to the TR6060 all wrapped in a semi-luxurious compact sedan. At the very least, it will go faster and be easier to park than my truck lol

Thanks for reading! Hope you have a wonderful day and look forward to talking to some of you here in the near future!

V/R

Vigster

P.S. Can someone help me add the build-tracking info to the registry or is that automatic?

Last edited:
Did they give you your 5 digit order #? If so, what is it?

Going to keep tabs on this timeline for anyone else curious.

10 Oct: Order placed 2000 code
17 Oct: TPW Assigned 11/07 3000 code
20 Oct (today): Biting my nails waiting for the date to stick and to get the 3300 code! 😬

MTF!

Going to keep tabs on this timeline for anyone else curious.

20 Oct (today): Biting my nails waiting for the date to stick and to get the 3300 code! 😬

MTF!
01 Nov: TPW 11/14 3300 code

😬 Things are moving!

11/23 3800 Vehcile Produced! Praying it will be an early Xmas present!! 🎄🎁🚗

11/23 3800 Vehcile Produced! Praying it will be an early Xmas present!! 🎄🎁🚗

Real talk: this part of The Goat Rodeo is perhaps the most soul-crushing.

My car was built 08/15 and I still don't have it. I've seen cars ordered after mine get built before mine. I've seen cars built after mine get delivered before mine.

Stay strong!

Real talk: this part of The Goat Rodeo is perhaps the most soul-crushing.

My car was built 08/15 and I still don't have it. I've seen cars ordered after mine get built before mine. I've seen cars built after mine get delivered before mine.

Stay strong!
I've been following your posts and praying you get your car sooner than later!

I'd feel bad getting my car earlier than some people... But not that bad 😅😂

Time to figure it out in the goat rodeo 🐐 🤠

I've been following your posts and praying you get your car sooner than later!

I'd feel bad getting my car earlier than some people... But not that bad 😅😂

Time to figure it out in the goat rodeo 🐐 🤠
There's no figuring it out! Believe me!!!

Well. I'm officially a member of the true goat rodeo now. 4300 but DELAYED.

Honestly, not even mad. Disappointed. But not mad. I've read so many other people's horror stories. I just pray the paint and panels are good whenever the hell it gets in. Each month it's delayed the bigger the down payment gets so that's a plus.

Last edited:
Haven't seen a single BW in the VA Beach area yet but hopefully there are a few of you out here to hang out with!
Only BW I've seen up here on the peninsula is the one I drove at Suttle the other day. There have got to be more down on the southside!

Lastly, for anyone considering pulling the trigger, one quote from a co-worker is what sent me down this path of research and hunting two months ago. He has a tracked out GTR that makes people question his financial decisions. But he said to me "How much does happiness cost to you? If you put a dollar amount on it, how much? For me it was $80k plus tax, tag and title".
This really sounds like the way I've been thinking about it lately...with all the stories of yearlong waits for these cars, the FOMO is hitting hard. Now if I can just sell my S2000 I'll have a down payment!

Only BW I've seen up here on the peninsula is the one I drove at Suttle the other day. There have got to be more down on the southside!

This really sounds like the way I've been thinking about it lately...with all the stories of yearlong waits for these cars, the FOMO is hitting hard. Now if I can just sell my S2000 I'll have a down payment!
Check my sig block. Things have been moving a bit faster as of late. May be able to get an order in and turned around in decent time! 😁 Best of luck

I moved from the Detroit area to Durham back in October '22 and haven't seen another BW (4 or 5) on the road since I moved here. The roads here are absolutely fantastic compared to Michigan's frost heaved garbage and I've been loving every minute of driving the car. The wait is definitely worth it. Where in NC area you? Would love to celebrate over some Cheerwine (Ha!) whenever you take delivery!

EDIT: Just saw VA Beach, but that ain't NC! Right?

I moved from the Detroit area to Durham back in October '22 and haven't seen another BW (4 or 5) on the road since I moved here. The roads here are absolutely fantastic compared to Michigan's frost heaved garbage and I've been loving every minute of driving the car. The wait is definitely worth it. Where in NC area you? Would love to celebrate over some Cheerwine (Ha!) whenever you take delivery!

EDIT: Just saw VA Beach, but that ain't NC! Right?
I'm in both! 😁 Up in VB for a few more months then I'll be back in NC. Just a little ways south of Raleigh-Durham. The roads are much better down in NC and I feel like there's less cops. Plus I can run my radar detector (VA is the only state they're illegal 🙄)

I'll take you up on that cheerwine or maybe some red wine whenever she comes in!

Reactions: CMK
So to close the loop on my thread here for anyone lurking. I was expecting a 2/16/23 delivery date but had honestly just assumed that would get pushed to the right since my car had been sitting since Thanksgiving.

I left work on 1/25 and had several missed calls from my salesman (@Blackwing Bill at Delaware Cadillac, a fellow BW owner and cool dude) Turns out they had a surprise shipment of NINE BWs! All for them and their customers. My Rift 4BW beauty happened to be on that truck.

My entire office has been aware of me lusting over this vehicle so when I told my boss Thursday he told me to take Friday (1/27) off and head up to DE from VA Beach. The girlfriend, myself and our one-eyed pug hit the road! Took ownership later that night!

It has been a rather interesting experience ordering this car. My first time ordering a new vehicle ever. Some of my co-workers think I'm ridiculous for it but between some big life events in the past year and a raise I've realized that I can have something that's truly mine and makes me happy within my means. Nothing tops that I think. I hope to own this one for a while (I typically swap cars every 1-2 years) since it's new-new. Thank you all for all the support, kind words, and entertaining doubachery. I'll likely still be lurking around the forms. Anyone in VB or the NC Triangle area should reach out and say hey!

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20230127_171458.jpg
    20230127_171458.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 50
  • 20230128_083506.jpg
    20230128_083506.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 50

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!