Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V Blackwing Performance Mods and Numbers

WONT TAP

Seasoned Member
Supporting Vendor
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2016 ATS-V A8, 2018 ATS-V M6, 2022 CT4-V Blackwing A10
All right guys. Tapout Tuning is nearing completion of our CT4-V Blackwing Performance Packages and are strongly considering getting started on the CT5-V Blackwings next. At this point, we would like to solicit some input from CT5-V Blackwing owners in this community:
  1. What performance mods already exist for CT5-V Blackwings that we may not be aware of?

2. What performance mods would you like to see us develop for CT5-V Blackwings?

3. Who has or has seen CT5-V Blackwing dyno charts (stock or modified) they can share and/or link us to?

4. Who has or has seen CT5-V Blackwing quarter mile time slips (stock or modified) they can share and/or link us to?
Thanks in advance for any and all input!

Last edited:
I made a few passes last weekend. This is bone stock. The best pass I could make is below. This was without using launch control as I still don't know how to use it. Also, we battled a 35 mph head wind gust that day. Before anyone chirps in, I know my 60ft time blows..
BqtDtlT.jpg

EPiSMqS.jpg

Well, I only know a little about the LT4 from the Camaro and Corvette side...

But the most popular mods for it seem to be:

1. Ported throttle body and/or supercharger. The Kong is very popular. On the old ECU, it requires a tune. Some anecdotal evidence that the new ECU can adjust with no tune.
  2. Changing the pulley size on the S/C.
  3. FlexFuel - no idea what's possible on this updated ECU. FlexFuel on LT4 requires at minimum a voltage booster for the fuel pump.
  4. Larger supercharger. The 2.65L blowers are the most popular ones I see.

I made a few passes last weekend. This is bone stock. The best pass I could make is below. This was without using launch control as I still don't know how to use it. Also, we battled a 35 mph head wind gust that day. Before anyone chirps in, I know my 60ft time blows..

Thanks for sharing! Does your CT5-V Blackwing have the A10 or M6 transmission? Can you tell me the time stamp (i.e. clock time) on your time slip, so I can look up the density air? And do you happen to know your official race weight by any chance?

Thanks for sharing! Does your CT5-V Blackwing have the A10 or M6 transmission? Can you tell me the time stamp (i.e. clock time) on your time slip, so I can look up the density air? And do you happen to know your official race weight by any chance?
A10
Not sure on the weight but the car was completely empty other than me and ~half tank of gas. With a helmet and pants I'm probably 170lbs. I'll have to check the time stamp for you later.
ETA: time check 12:11 central

Last edited:
Not sure how helpful this is, but this a dyno from when I had 725 miles on the car. 2022 6 sp

Attachments

• JORDAN.png
    JORDAN.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 452
Also would love headers! The stock exhaust is pretty good and I love the valves. Also would like a better intake pipe that doesn't have the breather on it. I feel like it takes away from the supercharger whine. Also not sure why no other companies make drop in intake filters. So another option would be nice. Maybe everybody can blow k&n emails up, I have reached out several times. I was going to try a larger throttle body and see if the ECU picks it up. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Also I had MGW short shifter on my C7 Z06 that was amazing. Would love a option for this.

Answer to number 2.

1. Open filter intake. would love to hear some sound from the supercharger
2. E85 compatability. (up power lower heat)
3. LT headers.

Also would love headers! The stock exhaust is pretty good and I love the valves. Also would like a better intake pipe that doesn't have the breather on it. I feel like it takes away from the supercharger whine. Also not sure why no other companies make drop in intake filters. So another option would be nice. Maybe everybody can blow k&n emails up, I have reached out several times. I was going to try a larger throttle body and see if the ECU picks it up. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Also I had MGW short shifter on my C7 Z06 that was amazing. Would love an option for this.
No one should ever use K&n on any motor they care about. They flow better bc they do a poor job of doing what an air filters main job is which is filtering air. On this engine you’d likely see little to zero difference in power and certainly not a noticeable one.

If you want more sound look at the lid

Best AIR filter is a DIRTY filter, it restricts particles!
Believe me I know filters, we run a mine site the best filter is one that has layer on it. Of course this is extreme, but anyone thinking there going to gain HP is DREAMING!
We all need to stop drinking the cool aid!

Right lane. Quickest stock run so far. Stock with Kong X ported unit added.
Hey!! That is my stock time! Lol ( Scott bought the car from me )

2022 CT5V BW- Infrared Tintcoat 11.24@124 Fastest Stock CT5V BW. 11.13@126 Fastest stock blower CT5VBW on Radials Sold June 2022
OK, I'll edit the rankings chart to show the 11.13 as the stock blower time. Are there any ported blower runs we can add to the database? Also, when you say 'radials', do you mean factory tires or drag radials?

It was drag radials. Ran 11.24 on stock tires

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners