Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Not your Grandfather's Cadillac...or is it?

What's your age range.

• 16-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-30

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • 31-40

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • 41-50

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • 51-60

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • 61-70

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • 71-80

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 80+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
37 here. I sold my E90 M3 while working from home, had my heart set on an E63 Wagon until prices spiked. Decided to get a Civic Type R to tie me over until E63 prices came back down... but then became sold on a CT5-V Blackwing.

The M3 >> Merc wagon >> crazy-looking Civic >> Cadillac path shows you how much I care about optics. I just want to drive great cars.
I had a deposit on a 2022 E63s wagon in June of 2021. By August M-B had decided that engine would not be coming to the US in 2022. I love wagons and considered an RS6, however, at the end of the day rowing my own gears was more important to me. I think I am going to be very happy with my choice once my car finally makes it to my dealer (built week of 1/24).

I had a deposit on a 2022 E63s wagon in June of 2021. By August M-B had decided that engine would not be coming to the US in 2022. I love wagons and considered an RS6, however, at the end of the day rowing my own gears was more important to me. I think I am going to be very happy with my choice once my car finally makes it to my dealer (built week of 1/24).

I had an E63S wagon ... it was a great car but the 5BW is exponentially more fun to drive.

That said I would sacrifice either testicle for a 5BW wagon.

DSC04267_zpsfcmu8vco.jpg

I love the E63 and test drove a sedan, but with the Blackwing offering a manual and better chassis that you can buy brand new for less than a moderately used 4-year-old E63S Wagon, the choice became easy for me. And everything I've read about the RS6 says it's a lot less fun than the E63. The RS6 is also 800lbs heavier than a 5 BW!

I had an E63S wagon ... it was a great car but the 5BW is exponentially more fun to drive.

DSC04267_zpsfcmu8vco.jpg
That's great to hear! I really enjoyed my E63S test drive but I wouldn't say it caused me sleepless nights. Then again I've never owned an automatic so that means a lot to me.

Not sure how much this poll is showing age of blackwing drivers or age of internet users

In the < 40 club. Old enough to afford it young enough to enjoy it

39 here... kids are old enough now - our youngest is just about out of a booster, so time for dad to get a fun car lol.

I had Camaros in high school/college, then a Mitsubishi Evo 8 in my mid-late 20's, but had to trade up to a SUV when we had 3 kids. The CT4 BW has a big enough back seat to squeeze them in haha. Still keeping my Yukon Denali for bad weather, longer trips, and when I want to bring the dog though. Wife has her minivan too.

I got my first Cadillac at 21 (2000 STS). Then an 04 CTS-V, then my current 09 CTS-V. I'll be 44 by the time I get the 5BW.

The 09 V has been the most reliable car my wife or I have owned. It will be 13 years old this April.

I'd really like to keep up the trend of only having V8s (even the Oldsmobile Aurora beater car I bought from my parents had one, although it was pretty weak by today's standards).

DSC04267_zpsfcmu8vco.jpg
As a former multi-Vagon owner who already has a kid, I'd sacrifice both testicles for a manual CT5-V BW Wagon. A sedan is not a bad parting gift but those Vagons were epic.

Not sure how much this poll is showing age of blackwing drivers or age of internet users

In the < 40 club. Old enough to afford it young enough to enjoy it
Had this same debate on a Audi site years ago. I have been an IT guy most of my life and now pushing 70, I am probable an exception. I expect that the poll is missing a bunch of 50-70 year old owners. But who cares if they aren't on the site. They are the ones driving around in Tour mode anyway. :)

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back