Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Dealer called, car is in, but now there is a catch

Guess things happen for the better on the WWW. I just got off the phone with the manager and one or two other guys at Andrews Cadillac. They read my post and wanted to know what they could do to keep me as a happy customer. Explained my disappointment with the upcharge for the ceramic coating.

Discovered there were some facts left out when discussing this with my sales guy. The manager told me the $2,495 would buy me EITHER CC for the entire car or PPF for the front end (fenders, hood, front clip, mirrors, etc.). They use a local detailing shop (Redirect Notice) and told me the guy does a lot of high end cars.
Andrews Cadillac was more than fair offering to work with the shop and have the front end PPF and remaining of the car ceramic coated and paint corrected.

I'm very pleased Andrews reached out to me after reading about my disappointment. I anxiously wait to pick up the car.
Good to hear!
Facts left out... or added after reading your post?... doesn't matter as long as all works out in the end (but it'll always be in the back of your mind... if there is another 'miscommunication' in the future with them)

Good to hear!
Facts left out... or added after reading your post?... doesn't matter as long as all works out in the end (but it'll always be in the back of your mind... if there is another 'miscommunication' in the future with them)
I think if my sales guy knew more about the detailing options this situation could of been averted. But as most of us know these type of add on’s are usually handled by the finance people.
Right now I’ll give Andrew’s Cadillac kudos for gathering together and calling me to work this out. I won’t reveal the price of the PPF including the paint correction and ceramic coating (including the wheels) because they went out of their way to make me happy.
I pride myself in reporting the actual facts as credibility goes both ways.

If you want to reciprocate the fact that they did the right thing, I would encourage to edit your title to add something like [resolved] and also edit your first post to copy/paste the resolution.

A lot of folks get here through web search and don't go digging through whole threads, so it's only fair to the dealership to note it on the first post.

If you want to reciprocate the fact that they did the right thing, I would encourage to edit your title to add something like [resolved] and also edit your first post to copy/paste the resolution.

A lot of folks get here through web search and don't go digging through whole threads, so it's only fair to the dealership to note it on the first post.
Your absolutely correct. And I will edit the title AFTER I pick up the car.

yup, I got hit with the trade thing too, only about 2k lower than what I was realistically thinking so it wasn't awful but dealers are definitely expecting you to be so ready for the new car at MSRP that you'll just agree to whatever.

Carmax and Carvana haven't been strong in trade figures lately. With used prices being inflated every where and dealers offering more for trade, their business model isn't working like it used to.

maybe try finding a local place to do the PPF? Offer the dealer $500 to not touch it?
CarMax was strong on my Shelby........lol

Ok, so how many dealers/GM/Cadillac employees read this forum???? How far up the ladder does all our comments go? Cadillac probably has assassins looking for me.....
Z63AIL6V3FHCFRD44QF7T42ZUE.jpg

Out of the blue they told me there is now a $2,495 "ceramic" coating charge for the exterior and interior.
Pisses me off to no end as this dealer bragged about how they sell ordered cars for MSRP and a small DOC fee.
Not sure what I will do to be honest.
Maybe you can work a deal on that Trucoat... I mean Permaplate.
6009bbc4-5153-48bb-a12e-fc32c14b6b7b_text.gif

CarMax was strong on my Shelby........lol
I'm working a deal on my RC F right now and all the online retailers are about 6k less than dealers.

Carmax offered 52K for my M2C lol other online were right at 58k-60k. Dealer offered 57.5k

Don't bother with the trade there. You'll get way more money and less hassle at Carmax or Carvana. Yes, you won't get the sales tax break, but the higher offer will probably more than make up for it. At a minimum you can use the other offers as negotiating leverage with the dealer, but they seem shady AF anyway so why deal with it.
I sold my car to a private party for $2000 more than anyone was offering at the time. I was still able to get my sales tax credit as long that the sale and purchase were within a certain time frame of each other, but it was something I had to do myself.

Guess things happen for the better on the WWW. I just got off the phone with the manager and one or two other guys at Andrews Cadillac. They read my post and wanted to know what they could do to keep me as a happy customer. Explained my disappointment with the upcharge for the ceramic coating.

Discovered there were some facts left out when discussing this with my sales guy. The manager told me the $2,495 would buy me EITHER CC for the entire car or PPF for the front end (fenders, hood, front clip, mirrors, etc.). They use a local detailing shop (Redirect Notice) and told me the guy does a lot of high end cars.
Andrews Cadillac was more than fair offering to work with the shop and have the front end PPF and remaining of the car ceramic coated and paint corrected.

I'm very pleased Andrews reached out to me after reading about my disappointment. I anxiously wait to pick up the car.
Glad you were able to pull this out of the dumpster. :)

On Monday, my buddy ditched his barely a yr old Corolla hatch 6mt to Carvanna for $30.5k when he paid $25k.

I'm working a deal on my RC F right now and all the online retailers are about 6k less than dealers.

Carmax offered 52K for my M2C lol other online were right at 58k-60k. Dealer offered 57.5k

Try them, we use them on alot of our buybids at our store.

On Monday, my buddy ditched his barely a yr old Corolla hatch 6mt to Carvanna for $30.5k when he paid $25k.
Hopefully his carvana expert knew how to drive stick. The moron that picked up my car let their foot off the clutch in my car and almost sent it into the wall. This was all just for the odometer reading....they gave me good money but I'd never use them again on the principal of that idiot that kept saying they knew how to drive stick, "in theory". Anyhoo if you see a blue manual ats on carvana soon, make sure to ask if they replaced the clutch in the past 10 miles

I am going to PM you your best option here....

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back