Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V What Don't You Like About Your CT4-V Blackwing

Cadillac CT4-V model
There should be no compromises going from a 63k car to an 82k car. From an options standpoint if a Camaro SS and a 5V have a rear view mirror can then why doesn’t a 4BW? It’s a little odd how they took it out in my opinion.

Now if we were comparing a BW to a M or AMG car then I would agree 100% with ya. But GM car to GM car, things shouldn’t come out when you move up the ladder lol 🤷🏻‍♂️. Just my opinion though. Not debating or being confrontational as I see what you are saying in your post

You're not driving an 82k car, your driving a 30k car that has 50K worth of performance mods, R&D and low volume sale price adjustments built into it. You can't look at the price of low volume high performance trim variants and use that as a gauge on what features it should offer. From a tech or interior stand point these trims generally only offer steering wheel, seats and sometimes leather changes. It is very very rare for these trims to get non-performance related additional features like say a rear view camera or maybe 360 camera. If it isn't offered lower in the line up then they aren't going to add it. So it doesn't matter if you have a 30k or 50k markup for some low volume trim, it matters what is offered in the regular trim lineups.

If it makes you feel better a M3 costs more than a 4BW and it doesn't have a rear view mirror in any of its trims, an Alfa Giulia Quad costs more and doesn't offer it, a C63 costs more and doesn't offer it. I could go on and on with cars that cost more and don't offer a rear view camera.

Can other folks with the performance CT4 seats weigh in on whether they are comfortable? I don't expect to be tracking the car or driving it hard enough to require them, I just love they way they look. I'm wondering whether the intellelux seats are more comfortable and a better choice for me...
I may not have a choice, my 3800 car has the quilted insert seats, but I noticed my dealer has a similar 6MT in transit that has the technology package (which I would like) but not the climate package.. I haven't reached out to him to see if I could grab that car... want to hear from others here first.

Comfortable seats are subjective as far as I'm concerned.. I have found that what I like is not always what others like and I'm ok with that... To be honest I cant really tell much of a difference in the seat between my 4 and 5....Maybe the 5 has bigger seats???? What do I know, because I like fat girls!!! 🤣

Can other folks with the performance CT4 seats weigh in on whether they are comfortable? I don't expect to be tracking the car or driving it hard enough to require them, I just love they way they look. I'm wondering whether the intellelux seats are more comfortable and a better choice for me...
I may not have a choice, my 3800 car has the quilted insert seats, but I noticed my dealer has a similar 6MT in transit that has the technology package (which I would like) but not the climate package.. I haven't reached out to him to see if I could grab that car... want to hear from others here first.
I have no problems with the performance seats comfort.

Comfortable seats are subjective as far as I'm concerned.. I have found that what I like is not always what others like and I'm ok with that... To be honest I cant really tell much of a difference in the seat between my 4 and 5....Maybe the 5 has bigger seats???? What do I know, because I like fat girls!!! 🤣
I wanted to clarify why I liked your post. It wasn't the last sentence. Some like feet. I'm a butt guy personally. Giraffe's need love too.

Back OT, my 5'8" stature isn't fitting the same as someone like @Tall Steve.

I don’t know if anyone else has said this but the lack of a physical hand break is my only gripe lol, pushing the button isn’t as satisfying with my six speed. Other than that this car is AMAZING!!!
I actually really love the button! My parking brake line broke in half in my previous car because you had to pull it so hard.

I am 6’2” and 240 pounds and the seats are incredibly comfortable to me. The ability to adjust all of the bolstering is awesome to me

I'm going to agree with this in a very enthusiastic way. The sport seats that the X3M get and are what is the base seat in the M3 hurt my upper back. They are the worst seat I've ever sat in and the shape is all wrong for me. Yet plenty of people love them. By contrast the seats in the BW are worlds better for me and I can drive 2 hours with zero discomfort.

That said I have the mid level seats with the cloth and the car I had at SM had the leather. I personally found the cloth seats are a bit softer feeling than the leather.

You may want to check to see that it doesn't have the mid tier seats in them as those don't get the climate pack either.

I actually really love the button! My parking brake line broke in half in my previous car because you had to pull it so hard.
Yeah that is a pita, had that happen with a Jeep, was not fun. You may have cured my only complaint about this car, you sir are a saint!!!

You may want to check to see that it doesn't have the mid tier seats in them as those don't get the climate pack either.
Thanks. Ya, I did. It has the standard seats.

Thanks for all of the seat responses! I'm small 5' 7" but old, so comfort is important. I may reach out and see if that car in transit is even available.. may already be claimed. My order is mired in goat poo at the moment... plus it doesn't have the technology package of which the PDR is something I would really like.

The Camaro has terrible visibility, which I would guess GM put it in more for safety then anything else.
I had 2 of them. It wasn’t on the car until the 19 model year. The visibility out the rear window isn’t good on this car either. The 5V had great visibility and had it. This is clearly a cost cutting move

You're not driving an 82k car, your driving a 30k car that has 50K worth of performance mods, R&D and low volume sale price adjustments built into it. You can't look at the price of low volume high performance trim variants and use that as a gauge on what features it should offer. From a tech or interior stand point these trims generally only offer steering wheel, seats and sometimes leather changes. It is very very rare for these trims to get non-performance related additional features like say a rear view camera or maybe 360 camera. If it isn't offered lower in the line up then they aren't going to add it. So it doesn't matter if you have a 30k or 50k markup for some low volume trim, it matters what is offered in the regular trim lineups.

If it makes you feel better a M3 costs more than a 4BW and it doesn't have a rear view mirror in any of its trims, an Alfa Giulia Quad costs more and doesn't offer it, a C63 costs more and doesn't offer it. I could go on and on with cars that cost more and don't offer a rear view camera.
That’s irrelevant. Your point is off topic. Compare GM cars. Camaro has is. The REGULAR 5V has it. But the 4BW doesn’t. There is no logic here.

I am 6’2” and 240 pounds and the seats are incredibly comfortable to me. The ability to adjust all of the bolstering is awesome to me
I’m 6’ 230lbs. The bolstering is great but the seat bottom is hard. Maybe it will break in over time. It did sit out in a lot all winter in Michigan so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mediocre backup cam compared to the regular CT5V (grainy), no damn rear view mirror cam (my Camaro and 5V had it and they were much cheaper cars (total BS move on an 80k car), heated steering wheel is not as good as the 5V or Camaro, steering weight is not very heavy which is odd. My ATS V steering weight wasn’t heavy either which I didn’t like.

And oddly enough…the race seats are hard as a freakin rock! Anyone else experience that? I’ve had it two days and the seats are uncomfortable as all hell but look amazing.
Since when aren’t racing seats hard and uncomfortable?? You should’ve just ordered the regular grandpa seats and you’d be cozy as a baby.

They aren’t terribly hard but I certainly wouldn’t call them comfortable. They’re racing seats, for gosh sakes!!! That’s all that needs to be said. Just like people who buy sports suspensions in vehicles and then complain about the stiffness of the ride much can be said the same for racing seats!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back