Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Spare tire kit

where would you put the tire?? the trunk insert doesnt seem to be easily removeable? curious to see what comes up
on my 13 CTS-V, i took an inexpensive drag wheels wheel and added a cheap slightly undersized chinese tire, then took the air out of it, and got it to fit in the well, and then i carried an inflator pump.

where would you put the tire?? the trunk insert doesnt seem to be easily removeable? curious to see what comes up
on my 13 CTS-V, i took an inexpensive drag wheels wheel and added a cheap slightly undersized chinese tire, then took the air out of it, and got it to fit in the well, and then i carried an inflator pump.
I wont really have anything in my trunk so a small spare and jack wont be a problem

Just got off the phone with tyler at modern spare. They will have a spare tire kit available for the 5 blackwing in february 2022 for anyone wanting to go this route
They said they will also have one for the 4 in February. They take up quite a bit of space in the trunk but I prefer having one for the track and road trips.

They said they will also have one for the 4 in February. They take up quite a bit of space in the trunk but I prefer having one for the track and road trips.
I agree, but don't forget the jack.

Figured I'd bring this back....

I emailed Modern Spare the other day and just got this email response from Tyler at Modern Spare tonight...

"Thanks for reaching out to us to clarify. Yes, the blackwing will be slightly different from the regular CT5 kit. Our design team is finalizing that particular kit now and we should have that ready within the next several weeks or less. The goal is to use our 19'' wheel and hopefully not have to utilize a spacer, but if so we are prepared to do so. Once we have a solution we will add it to the site right away, you are also welcome to check back with us anytime. "

So hopefully soon it should be available.

I think I’ll go the DIY route as I did with my E53. It did require spacers for the front and longer lug bolts because of the staggered setup.

Does anyone know the wheel widths and offsets on the 5BW?

the wheel sizes/offsets are somewhere in the general discussion post about winter wheels/tires. it is a long post, but i dont recall the offsets right now. in that posting, you can also find a relatively inexpensive 19" wheel that I am using, that clears the calipers well.
with that Drag Racing brand wheel, and any tire, you could have a nice spare tire, but it will be huge inside the trunk. plus have to figure out a jack that can fit under car and also in trunk. I made up a nice relatively compact spare tire for my 09 V that fit in the rear spare tire well, but on this new blackwing, the trunk floor does not seem to be easily removeable, and i am not sure there is normal space for a spare tire, and any full size tire probably wont fit in a spare tire well
some european cars use a collapsible/inflatable spare tire with a thin wheel. i forgot the company that makes these - maybe vredestein? but getting one that fits the front brake calipers will be tough. the bolt circle should match up with some european cars at least

gunispare is supposed to be working on a spare, I wonder if it will end up being suitable...

I would assume that the pinch seam is used for jacking and a scissor jack with a pinch seam adapter would work. With the wheels staggered I would assume a set of two spacers would be needed to handle a single spare. The big calipers definitely complicate the situation. I’ve had good luck with VMR providing wheel dimensions when I call them.

I briefly looked around, and there still seems to be no "kit" available for the CT5VBW. Even if something does become available, I can't imagine the tire will be able to be stored below the trunk floor, so I guess it's time to renew my Hagerty subscription.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back