Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT4-V Will front wheels fit in the rear?

Cadillac CT4-V model

Mbar

Seasoned Member
@Mirza Grebovic and others that might have tried:
As winter approach, we all scramble to find snow tires. For the 4BW there are no options anymore in stock (no 265/275 wheels that will match 245/255 in the front).
This calls for a potential square setup for 18X9 . The question: did anybody try to fit the front wheels in the rear?
Thanks for your help

Beginning of the month, tire rack and a few other places had the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's in stock in a 255/265 setup for the 4BW. Just had mines installed last week. Here's a thread with more info

Beginning of the month, tire rack and a few other places had the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4's in stock in a 255/265 setup for the 4BW. Just had mines installed last week. Here's a thread with more info

Sadly, I'm late to the party and 265/275 winter tires are all sold out. That's why I'm trying to figure out if square 255 on 9" rims would work. It did on my 6 Gen Camaro SS, but that was with 20X9 rims.
Otherwise, I'll have to compromise on AS rubber with stock size rims.

I just bought some Nokian R3 in a 255 square setup from Discount Tire. They're suppose to be here tomorrow. You could check to see if they have any more in stock if you want a true winter tire over a performance winter.

I was told by my dealer service department and also a former GM technician who now works as an electronic modules engineer at GM to keep a staggered fitment. The smaller diameter front sized tire installed in rear can cause car to erroneously “see” wheel slippage and then start trying to a correct it. With no winter tires in a staggered 255/275 available, I reluctantly have bought a set of Michelin pilot sport all season 4s for my 4BW that should arrive any day now. I am curious to hear how the square set works as that was my intention and may happen down the road.

I reluctantly have bought a set of Michelin pilot sport all season 4s for my 4BW that should arrive any day now. I am curious to hear how the square set works as that was my intention and may happen down the road.
PSAS4s got an unbelievably good review for (light) snow duty here, hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised:

I think my abbreviations are confusing (thanks Michelin). I don't think there is a temp warning on the all seasons, but please correct me if I'm missing it!

The Pilot Sport All Season 4 (PSAS4) are far better than expected in the snow.
The Pilot Sport 4 S aka OEM tires (PS4S) are completely unsafe in snow and Michelin says use under 20º will void the warranty.

OVER 40 degrees, the PS4S are going to be a significantly better performance tire.

The 20º warning is what concerns me over how well they perform in snow.
Agreed! Let the owner buy summer or track tires if they want. We are buying expensive cars made a in snowy, cold state with tires that can literally break if you move them :unsure: Anyhow, thinking about buying a boat next year, hope the manufacture doesn’t warn me to not get it wet

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back