Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

How long do you wait after starting the car to move it off?

As soon as the garage door is fully opened. Zoom zoom! :ROFLMAO: Seriously, by the time I back out of the garage, get buckled up, make sure my phone is connected, and get the car into my mode (stealth), I'm on my way.

I back out as soon as it starts. My concern is the unburned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide that cars spew before the catalytic converter heats up. I want to keep those at a minimum in my attached garage.

This has been discussed across so many brands. The main thing I have seen is with current quality of oil and better engine manufacturing, there is no need to ever warm up before driving. Turn on and start driving, just keep it under 3k ish rpm while engine warms. I think only time to warm is maybe when it’s -20 or lower. Cars don’t sound very good then.
So, you say no reason to warm up the engine yet he also say keep it under 3KRPM. If there’s no need to warm it up why restrict the RPMs? the reason of course is the engine does need to warm up a bit

Start it up. Exit garage. Set house alarm. Close garage door. Buckle up. Adjust temp. Then I am off. Maybe 2 mins. Just not revving it beyond 3k until I'm at operating temps.

Cold starts use more fuel and fuel is a solvent that eats away lubrication in cylinders. You want to warm the car as quickly as possible without over stressing.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back