Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

4BW bleeder valve

Beamz27

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
CT4V BW
Today I found my bleeder valve cap off on the car and thought that was a bit odd as those caps are on really tight so I don’t know how it came off unless the dealership messed with it taking the engine cover off a while back during an oil change but I also noticed the bleeder valve itself is very loose. Had a lot of wiggle in all directions… I know it swivels but wanted to know if it should have play in it at the base? It feels very loose and wobbly. Is that normal?

I attached a vid for reference

Attachments

• IMG_1368.mov
    30.1 MB
@WONT TAP is this normal for that valve to be so wobbly? I know it’s supposed to rotate/turn but it’s wobbly in all directions as if it’s loose at the base.

Some seem looser than others. It's not a problem unless they are leaking fluid.

Some seem looser than others. It's not a problem unless they are leaking fluid.
Yea I don’t like it. I’m wondering if the 19 year old tech that did the recall somehow messed w it by accident. The cap should have never been off unless she took it off. Those new bleeder caps are on there tight as can be on the 4BW. I don’t think it should have that much play and now I have all sorts of questions for the damn dealer. Every time I go they fuck up something

Also looks like there is coolant pooled up by the bleeder @WONT TAP . Hard to see in the pics but it’s in there

Attachments

• IMG_1372.jpeg
    IMG_1372.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1373.jpeg
    IMG_1373.jpeg
    904.4 KB · Views: 15

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed