2006 - 2007 Cadillac STS-V: Service Bulletin: #05-07-30-022F: 2006 and 2007 6L50 MYB or 6L80 MYC Automatic Transmission Exchange Program
#05-07-30-022F: 2006 and 2007 6L50 MYB or 6L80 MYC Automatic Transmission Exchange Program - (Nov 21, 2006)
|Subject:||2006 and 2007 6L50 MYB or 6L80 MYC Automatic Transmission Exchange Program|
|Models:||2006 – 2007 Cadillac STS-V, XLR-V|
|2006 – 2007 Chevrolet Corvette|
|2007 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, SRX, STS, XLR|
|2007 GMC Yukon XL, Denali|
|with 6L50 Automatic Transmission (RPO MYB) or 6L80 Automatic Transmission (RPO MYC)|
This bulletin is being revised to inform dealerships that the 6L50 and 6L80 automatic transmission exchange program for the 2006 and 2007 models listed above has ended. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 05-07-30-022E (Section 07 – Transmission/Transaxle).
The Automatic Transmission Assembly Exchange Program for the 2006 and 2007 models listed above has ended. Full service repairs, including internal repairs, can be made to the transmission.
The following training courses are available in the U.S. to assist in diagnosis and repair of the automatic transmission.
- 10041.00W – SI Overview
- 16048.16W –- Tech 2 Familiarization
- 17041.20W-R2 – Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Diagnostics
- 17041.20D1 – Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Diagnostics
- 17041.20D2 – Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Diagnostics
- 17041.20H-R2 – Automatic Transmission/Transaxle Diagnostics
- 17440.10D – Transmissions: New & Updates
- 17041.60V – 6L80 Functions and Features
- 18043.01W-R2 – Electrical/Electronics Stage 1
- 18043.02W-R2 – Electrical/Electronics Stage 2
- 18043.03W-R2 – Electrical/Electronics Stage 3
In Canada, please review the GM Canada Product Service Training Course Catalogue. Course number 17035.24 will be offered for the 6L80 Automatic Transmission.
Special Service Tools
Essential tools to service this application have been shipped to General Motors dealers and are reflected in SI for applicable service repairs.
On-vehicle repairs, service diagnostics and DTC information is available in Service Information (SI).
Parts to repair these transmissions are available from GMSPO. Part numbers should be obtained from your EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog).
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use the applicable labor operation found in the Labor Time Guide. The December 1, 2006 LTG will be updated to include all internal repair and external repair labor operations.