Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Where to PPF

It’s subjective in my opinion. For my daily driver that sits outside 2022 GMC truck, did the front and full ceramic. The front as here in Texas, bug season primarily the reason. For my garage queen 2022 5BW, just ceramic this time.

I have done entire cars, portions of cars, etc with PPF & always full 10yr rated ceramic. I have also traded off everyone I intended to “keep forever” & honestly I didn’t get a penny more for trade to a dealer (private sale, possible to get more).

My problem has been that every car since about 2016 develops a major problem for some reason, makes me not trust the car, so I get rid of it after spending thousands for PPF & ceramic. My loss each time and next person’s gain. Just happened again to me, thus lead me to my 5BW.
And, should you have a car bought back due to unresolvable issues, the mfg or dealer doesn’t reimburse you for all that extra stuff like PPF & ceramic. Speaking from my experiences. So, potential loss again.

I will always ceramic coat a car due to many benefits and have it usually refreshed coated on a regular routine. I decided based on my experiences to not PPF my 5BW, only add a 10yr rated ceramic that I like. I realize everyone is different, but after 7 vehicles since 2016, this is what I decided. Also to add, I’m fortunate that I can afford the costs, just choose to now spend it in other fun stuff & hobbies.

Good luck in whatever you choose for your situation.
How often is your refresh coat routine, if I may ask? Curious as i ceramic coated for the first time, gtechniq csu. Thanks

The problem with Ceramic over PPF is the ceramic is rigid and the PPF is flexible. As the PPF expands and contracts, the ceramic sloughs off. Even Xpel says only to use a detail spray or something like a ceramic boost spray on top.
Interesting, my XPEL installer said for me to stay away from Ceramic Boost spray as this will promote yellowing/hazing effect on the PPF. Said, detail spray or spray wax was okay. BTW, I had all the PPF work ceramic coated with the rest of the car.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back