Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

The one real flaw of Midnight Steel Metallic ....

No sunroof, and the title was just for fun. Have to try and make light of an issue like this so soon into ownership.

Dealer didn't even look at it yesterday so no updates. Tried the normal Cadillac support number to just bring awareness and they mostly brushed it off but said they'd make a note of the problem. Any other number or email I should try if I don't get anything back over the next few days?
Someone recommended the email.....execreferral@cadillac.com. I used it to inquire on the status of my Blackwing emblem and received a PHONE CALL within 24 hours. You may want to give it a try.

Update today, it is the weld or seam my service advisor wasn't 100%. They said its going to the body shop and will need to be repainted after the repair. This is raising red flags for me, does Cadillac need to look at this before they do anything?

Update today, it is the weld or seam my service advisor wasn't 100%. They said its going to the body shop and will need to be repainted after the repair. This is raising red flags for me, does Cadillac need to look at this before they do anything?
My car needed paint work. I had a case with Cadillac and was compensated the time I was without the car.

Will that show up on carfax later as repainted?

Got the car back, my advisor must not have understood the guys are the body shop as they just filled the crack with a clear resin. So its still a bit odd looking when you get right up on it from what ever went wrong at the factory, but they didn't have to do any painting. I can't tell anything was wet inside and its back to smelling like a new car.

I will have to find a good touchless carwash to really test that everything is sealed again. Fingers crossed no lingering issues from what ever was wet. Thanks everyone for your input

Well found the flaw of Midnight Steel Metallic, its not water proof..... Light rain today took one of my coworkers to lunch and he starts getting dripped on from the headliner

View attachment 17546

Water was coming out of the ring around the sun visor and the head liner was rather wet
View attachment 17547

Anyone have any tips of things I should look out for when I bring it in to the dealer? I've had the car for 6 days and it has 240 miles on it.... It was in the goat pen for about 2 1/2 months not sure if I have any risk of lasting water damage under the headliner.

Yeah that color is known to leak.

Got the car back, my advisor must not have understood the guys are the body shop as they just filled the crack with a clear resin. So its still a bit odd looking when you get right up on it from what ever went wrong at the factory, but they didn't have to do any painting. I can't tell anything was wet inside and its back to smelling like a new car.

I will have to find a good touchless carwash to really test that everything is sealed again. Fingers crossed no lingering issues from what ever was wet. Thanks everyone for your input
I really hope this works out for you, but simply filling the crack with epoxy doesn't sound like a good long-term solution to me. :(

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back