Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Tail light Removal

Blackwing61

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2018 Cadillac CTS-V | 2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
I had a rock strike my rear fender above the rear wheel and the dent guy was just going to remove the tail light to gain access to that panel. Well that appears to be easier said than done. It appears the entire bumper has to be removed? Has anyone removed a rear tail light? I can't find anything on YouTube or a search.

Yes, the rear bumper has to come off completely and trunk carpet needs to be moved around. The dealer changed my passenger taillight and messed up the bumper alignment when they put it back together. I had them do it over and it's better now but still not perfect.

Look for the trailer hitch thread. There are pics of the bumper off and I think he has a pdf of the removal process.

Thanks for the confirmation. He’s going to access via the wheel well instead. So I’ll remove the wheel for access. Anyone know the torque specs for the lug nuts?

Wow, really appreciate the engineering of my past Volvos after this thread...so much easier to remove a tail light, head light, etc...

Thanks for the confirmation. He’s going to access via the wheel well instead. So I’ll remove the wheel for access. Anyone know the torque specs for the lug nuts?
140 lb ft.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners