Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Service: CT4 V BW Philly

BlackBetty

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT4 V Blackwing
Where are we taking CT4 V BW for service? 1st one in particular, '23 with 1,800 miles.

I'm in Bucks Co/ Langhorne, PA area and from I've read Faulkner Cadillac isn't so great with BW.. not thier expertise? The app. even said it...

Purchased the car from Holman in NJ [Cherry Hill] but it's out of my way.

Separately my 2nd gear is a hard/ rocky shift, would like them [w/me] to feel.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I do have local shop but would like to use a dealer......at this point.

Attachments

• 20231019_175606.jpg
    20231019_175606.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46
Star Cadillac in Quakertown has the correct lifts to not mess up the undercarriage of the car. Also, there is a tech there whose father bought at CT5 BW so I feel comfortable going there. I met them at Spring Mountain driving school.

I haven't used Star yet (I got my car from Fred Beans and they seem fine), but Star is a bit easier to get to so I may start using them. I'm in the Lansdale/Hatfield area so they are a quick run down 309.

How far are you away from Reedman dealership in Langhorne? My Chevelle was bought there.

Appreciate the responses. Star, Quakertown is an hour away, north.
I'm very close to Reedman but think they'll handle a BW?
There's a F. Beans Ford [newtown] by me but I assume you're not referring to that store.

I'd like to stay close and not go back to Holman in NJ and make sure they have the right equipment and techs.

Where are we taking CT4 V BW for service? 1st one in particular, '23 with 1,800 miles.

I'm in Bucks Co/ Langhorne, PA area and from I've read Faulkner Cadillac isn't so great with BW.. not thier expertise? The app. even said it...

I do have local shop but would like to use a dealer......at this point.
You have a stickshift?
You better document your issues with shifting in writing with the service dept

I do have local shop but would like to use a dealer......at this

There's a F. Beans Ford [newtown] by me but I assume you're not referring to that store.

I'd like to stay close and not go back to Holman in NJ and make sure they have the right equipment and techs.

In regard to the dealership you use, I would recommend you call around and find one that is familiar with the car and can do warranty work on a BW. Then go there and make sure their lifts have lifting pads, not narrow metal blocks that will damage your undercarriage. The BW cars have tricky lifting points and can be easily damaged by using the wrong equipment. You would think all dealerships have the correct modern equipment, but they don't.

In regard to the manual transmission, read the thread on this forum called Manual transmission owners - both 4 and 5
I had my manual transmission replaced under warranty. You can read about it there.

Is Flemington Cadillac too far from you? They are in NJ. I liked their shop and they are highly reviewed, but I just got my car from them and didn't actually use them for service.

The 2nd gear grinding I think is very common on these transmissions. My guess is they won't replace it unless it's super bad/prohibitive.

If you are looking for a NJ based dealer with a lot of BW service experience and the correct lifts, Gold Coast Cadillac may be worth the extra 45 minute drive IMO. They replaced my engine and diagnosed a steering issue for me with very impressive response times for both. It made me super confident that a few of the guys there own these cars themselves as well. Best of luck

I'm in York PA, I have the same issue. I bought the car from Delaware Cadillac, didn't want to drive 2hrs in any direction just for service. I do my own oil, plugs, etc, but I have a hanging recall, and the park assist is available for installation for me, so I'd like to get that done. I've had all around bad experiences with dealerships, Toyota, Lexus, Audi alike... This is not a car I want some tire monkey beating on with a hammer!

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back