Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Painting calipers to red

Mikey_hux

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2023 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing
Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Just wanted to ask if anyone had any experience with painting the calipers in different color? My ct5v Blackwing currently has the grey-ish color and wanted to paint it red to make it pop.

Few questions;
1. How much did it cost?
2. How long did the paint last? Any issues like chipping or fading?

Thanks in advance.

I had the Brembo's powder coated on my GT500 in red. They were sent to Cali, don't remember exactly how much (400-500 ?) but they lasted 4-5 years with no issues at all, sold the car. To do it correctly the calipers have to be taken apart and new seals installed.

I had the Brembo's powder coated on my GT500 in red. They were sent to Cali, don't remember exactly how much (400-500 ?) but they lasted 4-5 years with no issues at all, sold the car. To do it correctly the calipers have to be taken apart and new seals installed.
Thank you for the input. I’ll have to get it done professionally.

Attachments

• Shelby GT500.jpg
    Shelby GT500.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 45
10-4, that was one of my all-time favorite cars. Cammed, long tubes, ported blower, etc., etc., 745 whp on 93 tune , 710 tq ... was fun as hell!

Attachments

• Shelby.jpg
    Shelby.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 39
I've always had good results with off the shelf caliper paint. The calipers can be painted on the car. Just tape up everything. Brembo stickers can be found on Amazon and eBay and can be clear coated. I didn't clear coat mine and they never peeled. These are my Camaro SS calipers repainted.

Attachments

• 2017-11-25_21-01-49_000.jpeg
    2017-11-25_21-01-49_000.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 44
I've always had good results with off the shelf caliper paint. The calipers can be painted on the car. Just tape up everything. Brembo stickers can be found on Amazon and eBay and can be clear coated. I didn't clear coat mine and they never peeled. These are my Camaro SS calipers repainted.
Thanks. Wow those calipers turned out great. I’m looking for a rim repair shop to see if they can paint it. So paint then clear coat? Correct?

I never clear coated my calipers but you can if you want to seal in the decal or make them shinier. I wanted to be able to change out the decal if needed. For some cars where I have painted the calipers black I don't even tape up the pads. They get painted black and disappear behind the wheel. The Brembos are easy to remove the pads and tape up whatever you don't want painted.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back