Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Nick Williams 103TB failure

A Blackwing

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT5 BW
I was driving my car today when out of the blue it started to shake and threw an engine code. It had maybe 10% of the usual power.

Ran the codes and it showed throttle body actuator error

I pulled off the intake and noticed that no matter the throttle the TB would not move. It stayed shut.

I then hooked it up to a scanner and tried to open throttle body. No matter then input it would not open. I ran the gas pedal as well but it was functioning properly and sending the correct signals.

Throttle body has about 6k Miles on it. I did not even know this was ever a failure point people in counter.
3B279867-D235-4CC9-9C7B-DC33E7FD07AB.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5979.MOV
    24.5 MB
  • IMG_5998.MOV
    33.7 MB
  • IMG_5972.MOV
    37.8 MB
We haven't seen this before. Please let me know if you'd like for us to reach out to Kong Performance for you.

The throttle body connection on the side has to be bent kind of awkward to get it to fit. It may have pulled a wire out.
Not sure if they changed the connectors on your particular one but mine had to be modified slightly to get it to plug in. Im willing to bet the issue resides there.

Whatever came of this? How did you get it sorted?

I sent in the TB to nick williams along with the diagnosis and a form they had me fill out last week, so far have not heard back and am out the price of a new one while i wait for a resolution

Interesting ! Please do post when you find out. Very curious seeing as I have one as well.

This can go into the "all mechanical items have a failure rate" category? Sucks for the OP, but parts failure is a standard part of any ownership experience.

Has been a month since I sent in the defective throttle body and have not even received a response of any sort. Sorta sucks I’m out like a grand due to a defective unit and receive ZERO support or acknowledgement despite buying another one, sending in the defective one along with a form they had me fill out.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back