Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

New Member - VA. 2022 CT4 BW 21-0013

XjonesX

V-Series Cadillac(s)?
2022 CT4 BW
Good day,

Been following the forums for a while waiting for right opportunity to purchase a BW.
That opportunity came this past week, when a 2022 B on B, CT4 BW , 21-0013, with 11,000 miles came up for sale.
It looks to be an advanced regular production model.
So far I'm fairly impressed.
The modern electronics and doo dads, are taking a bit to learn, because I've been driving a 86 El camino with 325k + on the original drivetrain for the last 24 years.
Analog to digital.
Not quite sure yet if I'm more impressed with the Mechanics, or the electronics. : )
Anyhoo, good to meet fellow owners.

Jonesie

Congrats and welcome! I'm with you on the electronics....last new car we bought was in 2010...never had a touch screen, cameras, various warning systems and such...and always felt I didn't desire or need them. I still feel that way...though back up camera is useful and the other stuff is at least mildly entertaining. I think ultimately you'll enjoy the driving dynamics of the BW best...but yeah...its the 21st century already...so it is what it is...

Where in VA are you? I'm up near DC.

We had a lot of fun in the 1970s with a buddy and his El Camino. Of course back then you could drive around with a cooler in the back drinking beers.

Thanks RH!
Lol, haven't gone through a owners manual in years.
My wife is making fun of me sitting in the car, playing with all the bells and whistles.
Pretty warm today for february, so I was sitting out in the car for about 2 hours today trying to set setting, and figure out what controls do what.
The back up camera...., lol, when you have had a flat (camino) truck window for over 20 years, you get use to putting your arm across the bench seat, and turning your head and looking back. I'm still doing that, but realizing the rear window in the BW ...., is not a camino window. I'll get use to the backup cam...., but in the short term, me and the back up cam are having trust issues. : )

As far as the camino goes...., I just enjoyed driving it. It is simple old school fun...., and also I get a lot of compliments on it. It kind of sticks out, and for some reason, kids in chargers always want to come and race me.
I'm like dude...., I'm in a malaise era car..., I only have 180 hp going through this 305.

But what I like about the BW is , it's kind of like a stealth caddy hotrod. Mine is about as plain looking as you can get.
No BW badging anywhere on the car, just the V emblem.
I also like the burble when pulling up to other cars. Most aren't sure how to take it.
If they only knew.
But yeah..., I think I'm going to enjoy it. I thought my 92 Typhoon would move, but good granny this thing gets up and goes.
I'm down in Fredericksburg Va. I've seen about 3 other CT4 BW in the area as well.
Maybe in spring we could do a meet up somewhere with others, and shoot the breeze?

Oh..., and your profile pic..., beer lover?
I see a couple of darks in there...., love me some stouts, trip & quad Bocks.
Favorite is,
St. Bernardus Abt 12 Quad

Thanks for saying hi, hope to catch up at some point.

AJ

@XjonesX welcome to the Caddy fam! I am in love with my 4BW and have no regrets about buying it!

I've been driving a 86 El camino with 325k + on the original drivetrain for the last 24 years.

I am impressed! By the way, when I first came to the US, some 20 years ago, I thought the El Camino was the coolest car I have ever seen!

Hi Professor Speed,
Thanks for the welcome! I'm excited to be in the family!
I was trying to hold out for the CT5 BW, but reality and my wife set in..., then I knew..., it was going to be a CT4 BW
I was told there was no way in hell we were going to have a 100k rolling stock parked in our driveway.
So I did an end around, and got the CT4 BW. My whole selling point was this to her...., this car is only gain in value as it gets older...., and she said that remains to be seen. Party pooper!

Yup, thanks about the camino. I'm still in love with it for 24 years now! It's a "daily survivor."
Kids call it a truck/car, my friend calls it a hermeridite vehicle, because it doesn't know what it wants to be..., lol.

Thanks again for your kind compliments!

Attachments

• IMG_9552.JPG
    IMG_9552.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 17
Oh..., and your profile pic..., beer lover?
I see a couple of darks in there...., love me some stouts, trip & quad Bocks.
Favorite is,
St. Bernardus Abt 12 Quad

Thanks for saying hi, hope to catch up at some point.

AJ
LOL - funny that you mention that - I'm a home brewer - and we're doing a big brew session tomorrow - a New England IPA with Zappa (and Galaxy & Comet) hops called Cosmic Debris. Big fan of all sorts of beers - favorite are Real Ales...some of which are so thick and dark makes Guinness drink like tap water.

Anyway - my eldest son lives in Fredericksburg and he's driving up tonight to join us (he's our brewmaster)...he lives close to the red Dragon...been there and to several other breweries in and around Fredericksburg...and to the Bowman distillery of course (used to be up here....in fact I burned timbers from the old distillery in my fireplace for 3 years in the early 90s....was very sad to run out of that sweet smelling fire...

You may have seen me in my Blackwing down there....drove down 2 or so weeks ago...would love to meet up sometime...

Your going to love the BW....I see that you already are...stealth yeah...it is...those who know do know...but most others are clueless. I wish it were a bit louder/more aggressive sounding...but the wife appreciates that it isn't.

Don't ever sell that El Camino! One of a kind.

Cheers!

Last edited:
XjonesX...your El Camino looks familiar....may have been someone else...but several months ago (last summer) I talked with a guy who was super enthusiastic about his El Camino when we were getting gas near Fredericksburg. Probably someone else...as he was going on how fast it was (it was certainly loud...lol). I was in our red BMW ZHP at the time I think....could have been the GTI.

Good day,

Been following the forums for a while waiting for right opportunity to purchase a BW.
That opportunity came this past week, when a 2022 B on B, CT4 BW , 21-0013, with 11,000 miles came up for sale.
It looks to be an advanced regular production model.
So far I'm fairly impressed.
The modern electronics and doo dads, are taking a bit to learn, because I've been driving a 86 El camino with 325k + on the original drivetrain for the last 24 years.
Analog to digital.
Not quite sure yet if I'm more impressed with the Mechanics, or the electronics. : )
Anyhoo, good to meet fellow owners.

Jonesie
Welcome!

XjonesX...your El Camino looks familiar....may have been someone else...but several months ago (last summer) I talked with a guy who was super enthusiastic about his El Camino when we were getting gas near Fredericksburg. Probably someone else...as he was going on how fast it was (it was certainly loud...lol). I was in our red BMW ZHP at the time I think....could have been the GTI.

super enthusiastic
yeahhhhh, I don't know about all that...., but I think if I was going to use that term, I'd use it to describe that I'm still alive at this point in my life, and hope to have another 25-30 good years. : )

But no, that probably wasn't me. I'm all stock in the camino.
It's a pride thing now..., see how many miles I can get out of the driveline.
Pretty faithful about changing the fluids on a regular basis. I think that's in the top 3 things you can do to maintain a vehicle.
Anyhow, looking forward to meeting up at some point, trying some of your home brew.
Strangeways in fredericksburg (off lansdown) is a nice brewery as well. Been there a few times. Nice selection.

I'm a Strangeways fan...

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners