Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Hood shake at high speeds

CBH

Seasoned Member
V-Series Cadillac(s)?
'23 CT5 Blackwing w/ Clutch
During the C&C exit on the tollway, I noticed that at just 120 the hood starts shaking and fluttering. I borrowed a 5 BW last year for a trip to OK City, and while playing with a bright blue BMW, I experienced the same thing. That car even made several loud popping noises too. I think I was going around 140 when that happened, but I slowed down and took the next exit to snoop around. I suspected the hood was the cause of the noise, but I did not see anything that looked loose or about to let go anywhere. At normal speeds neither hood flutter nor weird popping noises recurred.

Anyone else had either of these happen ?

Maybe more importantly, can anyone report that it can attain or even approach the rated top speed with the hood in tact for a reasonable amount of time ?

I haven’t noticed it on the blackwing, but our Expedition hood flexes/flutters a lot at higher speeds. Unnerving, but I just assumed it was due to the aluminum hood combined with the fact they may not be paying as much attention to the flow of air through the grill and underneath the vehicle.

Mine did it on the back straight at VIR. First time it happened I pitted to make sure the hood was latched. The dealer adjusted the stops but it still does it. I haven’t had a problem though and car will just hit 160 MPH on the back straight.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back