Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

GM to halt production at nearly all North America assembly plants due to new chip problem

General Motors will idle the plants starting Monday for two weeks due to COVID-19 affecting the production of semiconductor chips​

Jamie L. LaReau
Detroit Free Press

General Motors will idle nearly all its assembly plants in North America starting Monday as the COVID-19 pandemic affects production of semiconductor chips overseas.

GM said its Arlington Assembly in Texas, where it makes its highly profitable full-size SUVs, will run regular production next week, along with Flint Assembly, where it makes its heavy-duty pickups, Bowling Green Assembly in Kentucky, where it makes its Corvette, and a portion of Lansing Grand River Assembly, where it will make some Chevrolet Camaro and Cadillac Blackwing cars.

But all other assembly plants in North America will idle starting Monday.

Full Story:

I am not at the factory and havent been for a bit, however we still talk as a team on making sure cars are shipped, built etc with all the challenges . As stated V-Series Blackwings are building and Rob can see statuses change. Some will change tomorrow/Monday and others next week.
Awesome news!! I must be crazy but this is exciting going thru it again, never thought I would say that?! #Goatfather #Da G.O.A.T #Thisisnotmyfirstgoatrodeo

I am not at the factory and havent been for a bit, however we still talk as a team on making sure cars are shipped, built etc with all the challenges . As stated V-Series Blackwings are building and Rob can see statuses change. Some will change tomorrow/Monday and others next week.
Thanks for the updates! I just ordered in August so I know it will take some time ...was wondering if the constraints on CF will delay those cars more. I understand that's a supplier issue and out of GM's hands though.

Some of you are giving way too much credit to dealers. The only place to get real news related to production is Cadillacvnet.com.

Awesome news!! I must be crazy but this is exciting going thru it again, never thought I would say that?! #Goatfather #Da G.O.A.T #Thisisnotmyfirstgoatrodeo
I think you are the Master #Goatfather of the Goat Rodeo !!!

Does that mean that they will continue to build regular orders (past 250) for each or will there be a delay in that as well?

Blackwings are being built as fast as possible. there is no difference first 250 or after. Obviously based on VIN the 250 have to go first and almost there The team over at LGR knows what they are doing and are doing their best, no question there.

Blackwings are being built as fast as possible. there is no difference first 250 or after. Obviously based on VIN the 250 have to go first and almost there The team over at LGR knows what they are doing and are doing their best, no question there.
Awesome! that's good to know. After all the rodeo stuff that makes me feel special as a BW owner that at least we are getting priority at something...... (doesn't matter if the car gets lost in the "yard" for months after that. At least it will be built :boogie )

I received a call from GM CEO's office to congratulate me on my purchase of the Blackwing and was asking how I liked it and wanted my correct address because they had my previous address when I used to be married. I never expected a call. I guess when I wrote a letter to the CEO about the dealers going extreme on the ADM, they wanted to follow up with me. I told them I did get stuck for 10k above msrp but I still bought it.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back