Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

Floor jack for ct5v blackwing

I have the Advantage lift also & love it. Lift weighs around 2200 lbs. Add to that a 4200 lb CT5 = 6600. Some SUVs / HD pickups weigh that much and the 4 "contact patches" of the lift (1 sq') are larger than the 4 "contact patches" of those vehicles.
Bottom line: If you could park one of those heavy vehicles in your garage without it breaking through the floor, then no problem for the lift & car. Understand though, it is rated for 9000 lbs so if you were planning to get close to THAT weight (+ the 2200 lift) be more concerned about the floor strength.
I recently also got their rolling jack so it;s easy to raise the car off the lift platform for wheel removal.

A 2 post lift certainly requires a stronger floor, But I don't like the concept of those posts right next to the doors every time you get in / out of the car.
The bay I have the lift in is used to store a Miata over the winter on the lift but daily parking a car under it year round.

I have the Advantage lift also & love it. Lift weighs around 2200 lbs. Add to that a 4200 lb CT5 = 6600. Some SUVs / HD pickups weigh that much and the 4 "contact patches" of the lift (1 sq') are larger than the 4 "contact patches" of those vehicles.
Bottom line: If you could park one of those heavy vehicles in your garage without it breaking through the floor, then no problem for the lift & car. Understand though, it is rated for 9000 lbs so if you were planning to get close to THAT weight (+ the 2200 lift) be more concerned about the floor strength.
I recently also got their rolling jack so it;s easy to raise the car off the lift platform for wheel removal.

A 2 post lift certainly requires a stronger floor, But I don't like the concept of those posts right next to the doors every time you get in / out of the car.
The bay I have the lift in is used to store a Miata over the winter on the lift but daily parking a car under it year round.
I have always preferred 2 post as I perform all my own. Most brands usually have a wide and or an asymmetrical to allow room to open door.

Attachments

• PXL_20221116_154754080.jpg
    PXL_20221116_154754080.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
Air Jack

Has anyone tried one of these? Asking for an "old" guy who is always looking for an easier way to do things. It looks easy to use and might work well for changing tires / brake jobs / etc. at home.

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners

Back