Welcome to the Cadillac V-Series Forums!

CT5-V engine surge / "porpoising"

CT5-V Model
Nope, previously was in the garage overnight. Ambient temp in the garage was probably ~50. Ambient temp outside was ~35.
I have the issue pop up when I have the engine warmed up and then park the car for a bit (say an hour). Then when I start it up again and drive, oil temp at 160 already it starts doing it

I have same issue with my BW5 … intermittent engine surging/bucking. Have driven 6000 miles since 7/2022 and it has done this maybe a dozen times or so. Definitely seems to be a winter/cold weather phenomena (i.e. ambient temps in 50-60F range) and occurs only when the car is not fully warmed up (i.e. during the first 5 min of driving). Very noticeable and annoying when it happens.

I have same issue with my BW5 … intermittent engine surging/bucking. Have driven 6000 miles since 7/2022 and it has done this maybe a dozen times or so. Definitely seems to be a winter/cold weather phenomena (i.e. ambient temps in 50-60F range) and occurs only when the car is not fully warmed up (i.e. during the first 5 min of driving). Very noticeable and annoying when it happen
It only seems to affect MY 22....not sure if anyone with 23 or 24 MYs are noticing this. In my case it happens in the summer as well, it actually is happening more frequently after the TSB fix.

Last edited:

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Delaware Cadillac

Exhibitions of Speed

Signature Wheels

Taput Tunning LLC

V-Series Marketplace

Advertise with the Cadillac V-Net!

Torque Shop

Our Partners